The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

This might be "The Page Of All Pages"! Every Image Is A Knock Out! Wow! Crazy Talent!!!:clap:
I think that just might be an understatement... truly.

Ashwin: The stuff you've posted here leaves me speechless. And, my guess is you've singlehandedly raised the price of used 135 Elmars!

John: Beautiful portrait. Love the processing

Matt: Tough place to have to go and actually work!! Gorgeous light. That 50 Cron really sings in your hands.

Jeff: Wonderful images from Dover. Great light. Looking forward to much more from Jolly Old

Dierk: Absolutely brilliant portraits!

Anyone I missed... I loved your stuff too!

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
It's difficult to keep posting 'nice photos' because it's difficult to keep up ... there are so many wonderful photos that keep this fantastic thread going. Anyway, great job everyone.

Day 2 with the Noctilux and the M9 at the Winter Pow Wow held every year in Wisconsin. Lots of participants from the Menominee, Oneida and a number of other tribes. Participants dance the afternoon away ... chanting and drumming to thousands of year old songs and rhythms. Despite the colorful pageantry, I tried to convey the emotion and human-connectedness of the gathering in black and white. Hopefully, I was successful.

Kurt

Last edited:

Alnitak

While I'm in London for March, I'm living in a flat not far from St. Paul's. I had a beautiful day today so I spent a few hours wandering around the area. I love the lighting this time of year in London; the low angle of the sun provides some nice illumination. I used the Tri-Elmar-M 28-35-50 "MATE" today. It's a great lens for a trip about on a bright day like today.

50mm f/8:

35mm f/8:

28mm f/8:

Jeff

Lloyd

While I'm in London for March, I'm living in a flat not far from St. Paul's. I had a beautiful day today so I spent a few hours wandering around the area. I love the lighting this time of year in London; the low angle of the sun provides some nice illumination. I used the Tri-Elmar-M 28-35-50 "MATE" today. It's a great lens for a trip about on a bright day like today.

Jeff
Beautiful day indeed. Seems like there are more blue-sky days in London this time of year than any other, if memory serves. Love the amazing blue you've captured... beautiful color.

I really like the composition of the last image. The stairs in the foreground really impressive in that focal length.

Very nice indeed, Jeff.

dierk

all pictures hand hold and stiched with PtGui

click on the image to see a bigger and sharper version

M9 and Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2

sunset one hour ago
I live 700m above the Atlantic and sorry, but these sunsets are always so impressive, that I can't resist:)

and some more clouds
Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

rain over the Atlantic

Lloyd

all pictures hand hold and stiched with PtGui

M9 and Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2

sunset one hour ago
I live 700m above the Atlantic and sorry, but these sunsets are always so impressive, that I can't resist:)
Wow. Those are stunning!!! :bugeyes::bugeyes:

Alnitak

Beautiful day indeed. Seems like there are more blue-sky days in London this time of year than any other, if memory serves. Love the amazing blue you've captured... beautiful color.

I really like the composition of the last image. The stairs in the foreground really impressive in that focal length.

Very nice indeed, Jeff.
Thanks, Lloyd. I have to say that sunny blue skies are rare in London, period, but I have had more this time of year than any other. :ROTFL:

A bit more blue. It's helped by underexposing the sky, as I don't want to blow the whites and creams of the church. This is St. Mary le Bow.

A different view of St. Paul's, with some nice greens:

The London skyline from the restaurant at the top of the Tate Modern:

And finally the Millenium Bridge, in a slightly different view:

All with the MATE.

Jeff

dierk

Thank you Lloyd, I was afraid, that sunsets are not really attractive in a forum like this:)

as I am new here I have more of my favorites, that I want to share with you (after 3 months with the Leica M-disease)

here are some landscapes

banana plantation

church in El Jesus, La Palma

Last edited:

dierk

@Kurt,
It's difficult to keep posting 'nice photos' because it's difficult to keep up ... there are so many wonderful photos that keep this fantastic thread going. Anyway, great job everyone.
exactly, what I want to say, Kurt.

I like your pictures, for me as a new M-member they look "typical Leica":)
I wonder, how you get that focus with f/1.4 and that narrow DOF.

B

boymerang

These aren't spectacular, but in keeping with my weekly contribution, here are a couple from last week that I like the tone of.

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd, I was afraid, that sunsets are not really attractive in a forum like this:)

as I am new here I have more of my favorites, that I want to share with you (after 3 months with the Leica M-disease)

This are really nice as well, Dierk. Is that last one and HDR?

BTW, I took a look at your gallery online. Stunning stuff... truly!!:thumbup:

S

sclamb

We spent the weekend in Wiltshire finalising the sale of my parents' house. We had a night in a nearby hotel that we have stayed at before and spent some time in a lovely town named Marlborough.

Took some pictures of my girls whilst out and whilst getting bored in the hotel waiting to have dinner.

Simon

Lloyd

We spent the weekend in Wiltshire finalising the sale of my parents' house. We had a night in a nearby hotel that we have stayed at before and spent some time in a lovely town named Marlborough.

Took some pictures of my girls whilst out and whilst getting bored in the hotel waiting to have dinner.

Simon
Beautiful portraits of beautiful girls, Simon. And really nice b/w too. Nice to see more of your wonderful work here! :thumbup: