The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Peter Klein

Hi, all! Haven't posted in a while--went on vacation to the California desert and then went back to work and paid for it... :eek:

Anyway, here's a sampling of what I snagged in Joshua Tree National Park. Hope those that went had a good workshop at the neaby Salton Sea.

First three w/M8, 35 v.4 Summicron, last with 90/3.5 CV Lanthar.
--Peter

Last edited:

ashwinrao1

My gosh, some seriously awesome pics have been posted here...

@ Lloyd: You are too kind. The Tele-elmar is one of my new favs, one of the true bargains, and great since, there are frame lines on the M9!

@Dierk: Keep up the great work. Terrific posts. The last in your series is a bit too HDR-ish to me, but otherwise, supremely composed. Great sunset/sunrise pics

@Boymerang: Lovely portrait work

@Simon: Great series, and lovely bw portraits

@ Matt: These scenes are so familiar, part of my daily bike ride home, yet you bring a gentle touch and handling of light that is remarkable.

I know I am forgetting to comment on more than a few, but agreed here with Steve that this is one ROCKIN' thread!

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled....

ashwinrao1

Of course,

Jeff, lovely caps: Colors rock. I am discovering the joys of shooting with the MATE as well.

Kurt: Lovely, as usual! The new Noct suits your style well.

Peter: The last shot, Literature, is spectacular....

I just realized that I have some work to do in scrolling through the other 135 odd pages to get a sense for the amazing work shown in this thread!

Alnitak

Mike, I have to say I really like the color version of that first shot--there's a richness of the light that's just lost in the B&W version.

S

sclamb

Beautiful portraits of beautiful girls, Simon. And really nice b/w too. Nice to see more of your wonderful work here! :thumbup:
Thank you Lloyd. Good to be back posting again after one of the worst of times :)

Simon

T

thinkfloyd

Was contemplating selling my Canon 50/1.2 to fund a 35 Summicron v4, but using it yesterday, it's not that much a "dog" as others say it is... or else I got a very good copy :) (looks like my quest to go wider than 50 will take a bit longer...)

All jpegs straight from M8 (except a little cropping in the first)

at f8

f1.2

f8 again

Last edited: