The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

endre novak

The b/w here is really stunning, and I like the reflections. I'm not a fan of graffiti, however. I think it's sad to people choose to disrespect other people's property in that manner.

Thanks, Llloyd. I do like to collect disintegration, seems to be part of urban life. Makes a great subject.

otumay

To all:
I consider myself lucky to be a member of this forum. And this thread overwhelms me. Too many good shots, too few words of appreciation (on my part).
A very big thank you to all.
Osman

Nick_Yoon

Haven't been shooting much recently...here are some M9 (35 lux asph, 50 lux preasph e43) low-light shots from meeting friends in bars (hope I haven't posted these before):

1/20, f/1.4, 35 mm, ISO 1250

1/125, f/1.4, 35 mm, ISO 640

1/30, f/1.4, 50 mm, ISO 1250

1/11, f/1.4, 35 mm, ISO 1600

1/60, f2, 50mm, ISO 1250

S

sclamb

Simon: Expressive portraits of your daughters. They didn't seem to mind their dad snapping their picture. Nice B & W PP./QUOTE]

Thank you. They are sued to Dad snapping away by now :D

The B&W was done using Nik Silver Efex Pro. I love the High Structure option and normally decrease the contrast and structure amounts and increase the brightness a bit.

Simon

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
In an attempt to keep up with the neck-breaking speed of all of the great postings lately:

Thanks Lloyd, Matt, Endre, Ashwin and Dierk.

Lovely London colors Jeff ... I want to see more!

Jeff, you really excel at capturing the nuances of light in landscapes, cloudscapes and portraits.

Dierk, wonderful black and whites.

Boy, excellent snippets of everyday life.

Simon, lovely pictures and girls ... you are able to capture their grace very effectively.

Matt, I'm liking the color in the boat shots. Your last set of black and whites is superb ... great vibe.

Reton, keep the cityscapes coming ... you are off to a good start.

Peter, I'm a sucker for desert shots as they illustrate quickly whether or not a photographer can pull out the subtle tones and light in what can be a monotonous landscape. Your shots are excellent as well as your slices of California life.

Endre, I keep looking for your shots as you are providing me with a breath-taking, vicarious view of Budapest.

David, your love of NYC is evident in all of your shots. I especially like the ones where you look up at all that surrounds you.

Think, I think that it would be a mistake to sell the Canon ... your images look great with the lens. It draws very nicely.

Ashwin, your firefighter series is killer. It's rich in detail and fascinating perspectives.

Kurt

dierk

I guess, as many of us feel, it is almost impossible, to see and honor all the great photographs and to respond to so many interesting and encouraging comments.

@Lloyd, thanks again and Kurt Alnitak and Ashwin thank you as well.

@Lloyd, so asked about the post 7012
This are really nice as well, Dierk. Is that last one and HDR?
no, it is not HDR, just LR 2.6 and CS4 with filter LuciesArt -strukture-
I did some HDR with the M9 and will post them later.

I can imagine, that many purists may find it not pure enough or will say, that they can do it in CS as well (but I can't), but for me it is a good tool, to give it more sturcture. If you look at the wall of the church for example, you will see, wat I mean.
On the second picture the structure of the trumk came out very good, for my feeling. In LR it is almost dark.

endre novak

In an attempt to keep up with the neck-breaking speed of all of the great postings lately:

Thanks Lloyd, Matt, Endre, Ashwin and Dierk.

Lovely London colors Jeff ... I want to see more!

Jeff, you really excel at capturing the nuances of light in landscapes, cloudscapes and portraits.

Dierk, wonderful black and whites.

Boy, excellent snippets of everyday life.

Simon, lovely pictures and girls ... you are able to capture their grace very effectively.

Matt, I'm liking the color in the boat shots. Your last set of black and whites is superb ... great vibe.

Reton, keep the cityscapes coming ... you are off to a good start.

Peter, I'm a sucker for desert shots as they illustrate quickly whether or not a photographer can pull out the subtle tones and light in what can be a monotonous landscape. Your shots are excellent as well as your slices of California life.

Endre, I keep looking for your shots as you are providing me with a breath-taking, vicarious view of Budapest.

David, your love of NYC is evident in all of your shots. I especially like the ones where you look up at all that surrounds you.

Think, I think that it would be a mistake to sell the Canon ... your images look great with the lens. It draws very nicely.

Ashwin, your firefighter series is killer. It's rich in detail and fascinating perspectives.

Kurt
Thanks Kurt for your kind note.
Endre

ashwinrao1

Like Osman, I feel privileged to be so readily accepted into this community. I am thrilled to be able to share and get feedback. I spent a good chunk of last evening scanning through the amazing images many of you have been posting for years.

@ Osman: Thank you. You are very gracious in your kind words, and my sentiments are exactly yours. I feel privileged to be here

@ Lloyd: I have been so excited to get your thoughts and comments here. I saw some wonderful pics several months back with stellar images from your porch...lovely!

@Endre: Lovely series above. Love the reflection/stearing wheel shot the most. I have a thing for vintage stearing wheels, and I find this to be a fine example. Thanks for sharing.

@ Nick Y: Terrific series. Love the smoker shot and the happy couple composition. You clearly enjoy a great comfort with this group, as you and your photography blend into these shots...they don't seem to notice any intrusion,which is remarkable skill on your part. Lovely.

@ Matt D: I'll be dropping by soon to visit!

ashwinrao1

@ Dierk: Great, gentle portraits above. Love this stuff!

@ Steve: I wanna see more. Your shots are inspiring me to head out into the night for some high contrast grabs! Lovely stuff!