The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

@Dierk: Wowowowowow! Amazing series recently. Thank you so much for sharing. I love the black and white and green series as well! Amazing stuff! Inspiring

@Kurt: Man, my Noctilux lust meter is at an all time high for the 0.95. your shots have a dreamy quality that's unique to any that I have seen

@Per: Wow, that bike shot, with the contrast and patterns, is really amazing.

@John Black: Lovey portraits, with a nice and gentle tonal rendition

@seascape: Love the reds

@ DavidE: love the overhead shot in BW....has that in-the-moment feel.

I am loving these images! Awesome..gotta go out and shoot with my Noct here soon!

Knorp

The stream of fantastic photos in this thread is just relentless ...
Too little time to comment on each one, but I'd like to say: keep up the good work every one :thumbs:

Have a great weekend all !

J

Jose_Salcedo

I migrated from a D3 to an M9 and a DLux-4 (for when I have to travel light), and would like to share with you this picture that I took at an airport in France while waiting for a connection flight. The picture was selected to appear in the coming book being prepared by the Leica Forum.

One thing is sure for me now: I never experienced so much pleasure doing photography than now, with some fine Leica tools. By the way, I also have a MP and continue to love using it with film.

http://web.me.com/ja_person/share/L1010146_s.jpg

Thank you all for your kind comments about my humble contribution! I must add that no other camera I´ve ever owned has been more inspiring and rewarding to use than my new M9: very expensive, but worth every penny!

This is a remarkable thread, with so many great images! Without really wanting to put any contributor before the others, I have to mention dierk, who has all but sold me on the MacroElmar with his portraits and flowers (and his b/w work is lovely, too!).

shtarka1

Kurt,
here is some help for any spring time feelings:)
from today

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

PP: LR 2.6

and another sunset,
moving the camera around at 4 sec. exposure time
at f/22 you may see all the dirt on the sensor
These 2 are Supreme! (lens dust & all :))

dierk

@steve, thanks very much
I did not expect, that any Leica purist will notice the strange sunset at all:)

Thank you all for your kind comments about my humble contribution! I must add that no other camera I´ve ever owned has been more inspiring and rewarding to use than my new M9: very expensive, but worth every penny!

This is a remarkable thread, with so many great images! Without really wanting to put any contributor before the others, I have to mention dierk, who has all but sold me on the MacroElmar with his portraits and flowers (and his b/w work is lovely, too!).
@Per, thank you very much:)

about the Macro Elmar
I ordered it without ever using a Leica M, as the price for the Macro is very interesting for the quality and the smalest smallest object field.
I did not care about the limited f/4, as I don't use more than f/4 on my D3 (I have the 85/1.4 but never use it any more, for Portraits I use the 105mm macro. below f/4 is just too sensitive to any movement from me or the model and I want the eys sharp.)

but
I forgot the interesting advantage of the DOF and the bouquet!
In the moment I am almost convinced to order the APO-SUMMICRON-M 75 mm f/2 ASPH (and sell the Macro Elmar), as I see many great shots here with the fascinating bouquet and the smallest object field is about the same as the Macro Elmar.

Last edited:

Lloyd

The M9 with the Summilux 50/1.4 Asph is a wonderful tool to interpret what surrounds us.
This and the prior post, are terrific. Great first posts. Welcome to the forum, looking forward to much more. :thumbup:

By the way, using the yellow box above the reply box to post your links, will allow the images to be seen on the thread.

J

Jose_Salcedo

This and the prior post, are terrific. Great first posts. Welcome to the forum, looking forward to much more. :thumbup:

By the way, using the yellow box above the reply box to post your links, will allow the images to be seen on the thread.
Thank you very much, Lloyd! I also appreciate the tip.

Double Negative

Not Available
Hey!!! I know that model. We had one (albeit darker blue) when I was in High School! Very kewl, Michael.
Thanks, ha! Small world. That truck actually belongs to my neighbor's dad. It's been up for sale for a while, but no takers so far. It's a really nice truck, I love the old step sides. If I didn't already have enough projects...

Here are the other images I have of the truck. Click for larger/info: