The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

oc garza

Dierk, I really like the handheld sunset shot... painting with a camera. And Per, I too like everything about your bike shot.

Livestock show and carnival, M9 50 lux

Knorp

More from the former NDSM shipyard in Amsterdam (have-a-seat).
Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:

Terry

Wow Bart -
The shipyard scenes are like Salton Sea deja vu. May favorite is the chair with the blue graffiti on the wall.

Alnitak

The weather was less than ideal here in London yesterday with a cloudy sky that gave less than ideal lighting, but in the afternoon it got a little better. M9 + MATE @ 50mm f/4:

I got a kick out of this sign. M9 + MATE @ 35mm f/4;

Looks better today...heading out shortly.

Jeff

shtarka1

OC...nice color & composition!

Knorp...Outrageous IQ & Cool Subject Matter! Love these!

Jeff...Love the framing , richness in the"red" & sign...!

dierk

thanks to O.C. and Matt

did anybody have this problem?

in a series of 4 shots for a vertical pano, taken within a few seconds mode S, not C, one shot contains a part of the following picture.
This is not visible in the preview in the camera, only at magnification.

I hope, the coming firmware will solve this.

Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2

below is the final uncorrected and unusable result after stitching

Last edited:

dierk

The M9 with the Summilux 50/1.4 Asph is a wonderful tool to interpret what surrounds us.

Jose,
great shot and a fantastic motif:)
I felt free to modify your post and inserted your original picture

here it is why:D

this one is im my garden and it it blooming soon, see the picture below

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

about 6m high now
Leitz Elmarit-M 28mm f2.8 ASPH

Alnitak

Dierk,

I have had that image problem in one shot out of about 10,000 I have taken with the M9 so far. Like you, I was shooting a whole series of shots close together, on S, and one of them had a bit like this from the previous shot. It seems to be related to the buffer not being completely cleared from a previous shot. I would guess that this is addressed with the other issues in card writing. We shall see.

Jeff

DavidE

thanks to O.C. and Matt

in a series of 4 shots for a vertical pano, taken within a few seconds mode S, not C, one shot contains a part of the following picture.
Dierk, I've had that problem. In my case, it appeared to be a corrupt SD card. Some of the images on the card had misplaced rectangles.

Here are two of those images:

Wish I had kept the card, because the effect is nice, though unpredictable.

Last edited:

Alnitak

David,

That is quite different from the M9 problem. It's not corrupt cards. I and a number of other people have had the exact same problem happen, with the exact same pattern, location and effect: a bit of the previous image shows up in the next image. Quite different from a card problem.

Jeff

jaapv

Subscriber Member
More from the former NDSM shipyard in Amsterdam (have-a-seat).
Thanks for viewing.
You too ;) Very nice shots!

I posted a few shots with similar processing earlier:

Maybe I'll look in there next Friday again, I have to be at Foto Abro anyway.

Last edited:

DavidE

David,

That is quite different from the M9 problem. It's not corrupt cards. I and a number of other people have had the exact same problem happen, with the exact same pattern, location and effect: a bit of the previous image shows up in the next image. Quite different from a card problem.

Jeff
OK, that makes sense. I haven't run into the problem yet with my M9, but then I don't tend to grab multiple shots in succession (probably a reluctance ingrained from the film days).

dierk

Dierk,

I have had that image problem in one shot out of about 10,000 I have taken with the M9 so far. Like you, I was shooting a whole series of shots close together, on S, and one of them had a bit like this from the previous shot. It seems to be related to the buffer not being completely cleared from a previous shot.
Jeff
@Jeff
what me surprised:
this foto contains a part of the following foto, which I took 4 seconds later:mad:

Alnitak

@Jeff
what me surprised:
this foto contains a part of the following foto, which I took 4 seconds later:mad:
Oops, I was getting confused. Actually, the problem always is as you described--I even went back and checked my image where this happened, and the image is from the next frame, just like you.

It makes sense as a buffer-clearing bug--the camera is likely handling buffer memory incorrectly, and parts of one image get written over memory used to hold the previous image, before its written to the card. The mini-jpeg used for previews is rendered first, so you don't see it in the preview.

There was a pretty lengthy thread on this on the Leica forums:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica...-strange-m9-image-corruption-part-latter.html

Jeff