The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

The weather was less than ideal here in London yesterday with a cloudy sky that gave less than ideal lighting, but in the afternoon it got a little better. M9 + MATE @ 50mm f/4:

I got a kick out of this sign. M9 + MATE @ 35mm f/4;

Looks better today...heading out shortly.

Jeff
Jeff: Nice color and composition on both. It would be rude to kick and bite a foreigner!

You too ;) Very nice shots!

I posted a few shots with similar processing earlier:

Maybe I'll look in there next Friday again, I have to be at Foto Abro anyway.
Jaap: Good looking truck!

ok. back to the good part of my M9:)
Dierk: Nice dirtscapes (the stream in the first shot is very subtle). The texture and the fine detail and shadow work well.

Cheers,
Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Alnitak

OK, today I got out for another walk around London, and had some good light. Here's two nearly identical shots; one wide open at f/2.8 and one stopped down to f/11. I'm curious as to which one is preferred by the group here. M9 + 21mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M ASPH.

Jeff

m_driscoll

OK, today I got out for another walk around London, and had some good light. Here's two nearly identical shots; one wide open at f/2.8 and one stopped down to f/11. I'm curious as to which one is preferred by the group here. M9 + 21mm f/2.8 Elmarit-M ASPH.

Jeff
Jeff: I'm going to say the say the second one. In the first, The flowers in the foreground don't have enough visual weight to be the subject of the photo. The OOF Saint Pauls is distracting. The second photo seems much better balanced and is an excellent photo from an unusual angle. IMHO. Cheers, Matt

D

Devon Shaw

Jeff: I'm going to say the say the second one. In the first, The flowers in the foreground don't have enough visual weight to be the subject of the photo. The OOF Saint Pauls is distracting. The second photo seems much better balanced and is an excellent photo from an unusual angle. IMHO. Cheers, Matt

I would have to agree with Matt on this one.
-Devon

otumay

Jeff, I prefer the second one. I agree with Matt's reasoning.

Matt, both shots are very good, the first one being a little closer to my heart for obvious reasons.

Osman

thrice

M9, 18mm Distagon, f/11, single exposure, fully processed in Capture One, sharpened for web in Photoshop CS4 :)
Oops left 35mm Summilux ASPH profile selected by accident, really need to code that lux :p

Lloyd

M9, 18mm Distagon, f/11, single exposure, fully processed in Capture One, sharpened for web in Photoshop CS4 :)
Oops left 35mm Summilux ASPH profile selected by accident, really need to code that lux :p
Now that's a stunner. :bugeyes: Nice to see how that 18mm performs on the M9.

Alnitak

So, on Sunday I decided to do a walk around the west side of the City of London to photograph some of the many churches designed by Sir Christopher Wren after the Great Fire of 1666. There were 87 parish churches burned in the Great Fire, and Christopher Wren and company rebuilt 50 of them, as well as St. Paul's Cathedral. The architecture is very distinctive, and yet each church is unique. Many were burned out in the Blitz, but most of those were rebuilt again. Here's three shots of St. Bride's, off of Fleet Street. The steeple of this church was the model for the modern tiered wedding cake.

M9 + 50mm Summilux, f/5.6, 1/1500s, ISO 160

M9 + 50mm Summilux, f/5.6, 1/750s, ISO 160

M9 + 50mm Summilux, f/4, 1/125s, ISO 160

Looks like an old-fashioned typo in the last one!

Jeff

Lloyd

So, on Sunday I decided to do a walk around the west side of the City of London to photograph some of the many churches designed by Sir Christopher Wren after the Great Fire of 1666. There were 87 parish churches burned in the Great Fire, and Christopher Wren and company rebuilt 50 of them, as well as St. Paul's Cathedral. The architecture is very distinctive, and yet each church is unique. Many were burned out in the Blitz, but most of those were rebuilt again. Here's three shots of St. Bride's, off of Fleet Street. The steeple of this church was the model for the modern tiered wedding cake.

Looks like an old-fashioned typo in the last one!

Jeff
Very nice, Jeff. I love that part of London. And great catch on that last one... too funny... Heads have rolled for less. :eek:

Knorp

You too ;) Very nice shots!

I posted a few shots with similar processing earlier:

Maybe I'll look in there next Friday again, I have to be at Foto Abro anyway.

Hoi Jaap,
didn't see that particular truck last time, although I do recognize the text :confused: Good shot !
BTW - if you decide to go Friday and you find this board, please write down a message with a piece of chalk and then make a picture of it ! Too bad I couldn't find any chalk ...
Kind regards,
Bart.

Last edited:
B

boymerang

A couple from the weekend. Experimenting with post processing.

Anyone care to explain the angular cut on a couple of the OOF lights?