The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

oc garza

Jaap - beautiful candle lit still life; Woody - I like everything about today's post; ashwinrao - my fav is "human see human doo"; Alnitak - the interior shot is super and Lloyd - really like the "mirror image."

ashwinrao1

Lloyd, great captures. The colors and images just POP off my screen. Stunning stuff! At times, I find it hard to represent colors correctly using my M's and workflow, but you seemed to have nailed a broad spectrum in these images.

Kudos!:thumbs:

ashwinrao1

Lloyd, the reflected shot...MAGIC.

Jose, lovely portraiture!

Retow, lovely bw portraiture...

Jeff, love the interior of that church and the angle it was shot!

thrice

Here are some straight from camera Jpegs, resized for web, no pp. I decided to try the "vintage B&W" preset, not bad. Although even with fw 1.116 the lcd review is horrid - I thought I underexposed all of these, hence one of them being over.

All with the 50mm Color-Skopar, first two wide open, second two f/5.6 I think.

Needs more grain.

Knorp

Re: Heads in Amsterdam

M9, Summilux 24

Hoi Jaap,
interesting PP, very vivid and bright, this way nicely contrasting to the surroundings, I like it !
Here's mine more sombre version @ 50/f1 (hence the vignetting).
All the best.

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Jeff: The churches are great. Keep them coming!

Lloyd: That first "morning before work" shot is spectacular. The art gallery photo and the train shots are very cool. I love the detail in the box car under carriage.

Jeff/Steve/Thrice: Thanks.

Thrice/Knorp: Thanks for the info on your shots.

Thrice: Very crisp B & W's.I like the look on her face in the second one. The IQ and PP's quite good.

Jaap: It's a shame that the graffiti taggers have made it to Easter Island

Jose: Nice photos. I saw your ship detail right after i posted a couple of my shots from today!

Probably missed somebody. Great stuff! Thanks for sharing. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

J

Jose_Salcedo

José, another portuguese user. That's great to see that Leica M9 comes to Portugal after it left Famalicão...
Yes you are right... :). By the way, I visited the Leica factory last week (again) and was extremely impressed by what they are doing now over there. I cannot discuss details, however... :)

Lazzaros

I never was there but I'd like to visit it hehe. Maybe I'd found some old stock there...A couple of M6 lost in one box :D

thrice

I processed the RAW's and true to common sense they came out a LOT better than in-camera jpegs with little to no effort (lightroom presets with a quick tweak). Just so this isn't a total repeat of my last post I've included another picture :)

This last one with the 18mm ZM Distagon at f/5.6

Lloyd

retow, Jeff, dierk, endre, Matt, Steve, Bart and Ashwin. Thank you gentlemen. Much appreciated.

Bart and Johan, nicely captured graffiti. You two didn't have to go all the way to Easter Island to get those shots did you? :D

thrice: Nice update... the second versions are much more to my b/w tastes.