The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Alnitak

Jeff: Looking forward to some photos of Amsterdam. Keep in mind, we've seen some very colorful ones recently.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Regrettably, I won't have any Amsterdam shots with the M9. It's broken--the cover glass on the sensor has cracked. I'm pretty pissed off, as it couldn't have happened at a worse time. Not only am I missing shots here in Amsterdam, but when I return to the US I am taking a week to go to Yosemite and Sequoia, and was looking foward to shooting with the M9 a lot there. I am quite irate at the moment! :cussing:

Jeff

Knorp

Regrettably, I won't have any Amsterdam shots with the M9. It's broken--the cover glass on the sensor has cracked. I'm pretty pissed off, as it couldn't have happened at a worse time. Not only am I missing shots here in Amsterdam, but when I return to the US I am taking a week to go to Yosemite and Sequoia, and was looking foward to shooting with the M9 a lot there. I am quite irate at the moment! :cussing:

Jeff
Oh no, I'm so sorry Jeff ! But I know how you feel: this cracked sensor issue happened to me as well :(
Bring your M8 ...

All the best.

shtarka1

Jeff
Dang! Thats Terrible! Sorry to hear this...:(

DavidE

Those are amazing shots – Lloyd, Matt, Thrice, Dierk, Knorp, Endre, Jono, Graham, and Steve. This is the best place to be inspired.

Congratulations on the new lens, Matt (feels like a birth in the family, somehow -- boy or girl?).

Alnitak

Oh no, I'm so sorry Jeff ! But I know how you feel: this cracked sensor issue happened to me as well :(
Bring your M8 ...

All the best.
Regrettably, I sold my M8 as it was gathering dust. I'm a bit peeved with the US support, as they were trying to tell me I would have to pay for this. They do have the part in stock, so I'm going to try and do expedited shipping on Monday from London, with the hope that they can get it repaired and back in my hands by April 2, when I leave for my other trip. Sigh.

Jeff

DavidE

Regrettably, I won't have any Amsterdam shots with the M9. It's broken--the cover glass on the sensor has cracked. :cussing:
Oh, no! So sorry to hear this, Jeff. I've really enjoyed your shots from England. Hope you're able to resolve this as soon as possible.

Alnitak

Oh, no! So sorry to hear this, Jeff. I've really enjoyed your shots from England. Hope you're able to resolve this as soon as possible.
Me too! What's quite strange is that it apparently just spontaneously cracked. Two days ago it was fine, and all it did was sit in my bag in my room, and today its cracked. There appears to be a small batch of them that went out in November-December with this problem, and I appear to have been in that batch.

Jeff

dierk

@David, thank you very much

from my latest portrait session today
(I made a few with the M9 and tje Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4)

PP: LR 2.6, Nik Skin Softener and Silver Efex

my latest model Jane again, she is enjoing the shooting very much

dierk

@Endre, great light and shadows!

how about some more doors and windows?
I happened find a few yesterday:)

Voigtlander Nokton 35mm f/1.2

look at the small plants in the window frame

Lloyd

@David, thank you very much

from my latest portrait session today
(I made a few with the M9 and tje Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4)

PP: LR 2.6, Nik Skin Softener and Silver Efex

my latest model Jane again, she is enjoing the shooting very much
Classic, timeless portrait. :thumbup:

Knorp

Two of the port of IJmuiden facing north to the steelworks. Happier times then, regarding the weather that is ...
First shot with a '64 90TE and the second a slighty-cropped shot with a stopped-down fast 50 ... :cool:
Thanks for viewing.

Last edited: