The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

dierk

Thanks very much Jose, mathomas, Matt

@Endre, I really enjoy your car shots. For me perfect light and B&W, thanks and give us more:)

@Carlos, I like IR and tryed it with me Nikon D70 years ago, but I never have been satisfied with the IQ, they were just not sharp enough for my expectations.
This one I would give more contrast to achiefe a really black sky?

@Knorp
great shots from the shipyard and the right light for this subject.
I could spend hours there taking pictures:)

Kitok

A day of first!

My first camera in over a year (I suffered a total loss in a fire), my first day out with my new M8, my first digital camera and my first ever images posted in any forum!

I previously shot Mamiya medium format film bodies for 10+ years using an external meter. I am not yet happy with my exposures using the in camera meter nor have I fully adjusted to focusing the rangefinder - but this is just my first day out and these skills will come with time. Until I learn the quirks of the M8 meter I will simply confirm my exposures using the Sekonic I just purchased from Sharokin here in the forum.

Please feel free to comment and enjoy...

Last edited:

Alnitak

Jumping back in this thread. Great shots, Endre! Kitok, welcome, and a great start. sorry to hear about the fire, but it looks like something positive has come out of it.

Jeff

dierk

A day of first!

Please feel free to comment and enjoy...
@Kitok, very good for a start, the IR is my favorit!

You will enjoy digital, as long as you don't miss the smell of developer:D
and if you have complicated light, just use bracketing.

Alnitak

OK, I found a few images that I took before my sensor cover cracked, and a few that I could crop the crack out of. Sigh. I hope it can get fixed before I go to Yosemite in two weeks. I'm calling Leica tomorrow to see what can be done.

The FEBO Automat (popular in the Netherlands); M9 + 24 'lux wide open:

I liked the play of the "High Times" sign and the high steeple of the Oude Kerk. M9 + 24 'lux wide open:

The famed red light district, appropriately lit in red. M9 + 24 'lux wide open:

Finally, I have to cheat and throw in this image I took this morning with my backup camera, the Panasonic GF1 with the 20mm f/1.7 lens @ f/2.8:

Jeff

dierk

@Jeff, I feel sorry for you broken M
I wonder, how fast Leica can fix it.

(should I buy a new car or a 24 lux:D)

I could not resist, playing with this one a bit in CS4

etrigan63

@Carlos, I like IR and tryed it with me Nikon D70 years ago, but I never have been satisfied with the IQ, they were just not sharp enough for my expectations.
This one I would give more contrast to achiefe a really black sky?
@dierk

Based on your suggestions I present the following:

Knorp

The famed red light district, appropriately lit in red. M9 + 24 'lux wide open:

Jeff
Hey Jeff,
the 'Red Light' swans are just amazing !
Honestly, I've never seen so many swans in any canal here.
Cool shot :salute:

Kind regards.

Alnitak

Knorp, there was a man there feeding the swans, and they came streaming in. A few minutes later, there were even more swans! He had a big bucket of food, and was throwing a lot in there!

m_driscoll

Seattle's Olympic Sculpture Park. Alexander Calder's "Eagle" and the start of a very long train loaded with wheat (probably for the ship anchored in the bay). Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 50mm f/1; 1/3000s @ f/4.8; -2/3 EV; ISO 80

2. M9; 50mm f/1; 1/350s @ f/8; -1/3 EV; ISO 80

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

thrice

Well, today we had the most severe hailstorm in the 12 years I've been in Perth.

Taken with the Nokton 1.1 at f/2 I think.

The majority of the stones were golfball sized, with a couple being around tennisball sized. Widespread damage and flooding, luckily my house and everyone I've been able to contact is ok :)