The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

dierk

fly me to the moon

unbelievable: the moon with the M9 and Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4
and you can see details

1/180, f/4, ISO 160 manual exposure, focus at infinity
1:1 crop!

Lloyd

fly me to the moon

unbelievable: the moon with the M9 and Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4
and you can see details

1/180, f/4, ISO 160 manual exposure, focus at infinity
1:1 crop!
Impressive indeed, Dierk. Your work posted here is constantly pushing the envelope of what was an M camera can do... and succeeding!! :salute:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, Ashwin, Endre and Steve ... Thanks for the kind words.

Ashwin, I promise to keep posting only Noctilux shots until you cave in.

Let's call this one "Shells on the Beach".

Kurt

Knorp

Last in series: More from the NDSM shipyard (Amsterdam).
This series was shot with the Summarex 1:1.5/85mm. It produces truly some weird and wild bokeh. At times it even looks like there is a double image, but still I'm quite pleased how well it performs on the M9. You got to like it, though ... :p

Thanks for viewing.

Last edited:

Lloyd

This series was shot with the Summarex 1:1.5/85mm. It produces truly some weird and wild bokeh. At times it even looks like there is a double image, but still I'm quite pleased how well it performs on the M9. You got to like it, though ... :p

Thanks for viewing.
Great set of images, Bart. I particularly like that shot of the drum in the foreground. Impressive bokeh, and the colors really pop. Very nice.

dierk

@Lloyd, thanks, I could not resist today to shoot another moon:)

@Bart, this shipyard is a treasure trove, keep shooting:thumbup:

@Kurt, I love the first one with the trees, great B&W and grain

m8, elmarit 28
Endre, street photography is not my favorit genre, but this one is very extraordinary and my big favorit:thumbs:

and here is my moon from today

again Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4
1/250, f/4, ISO 160, hand held

a bit OT:
BTW: La Palma is next to Chile the 2nd candidate for the planned new super big E-ELT telescope and has one of the biggest today of about 10m;)
click on the foto for more info

Lloyd

@Lloyd, thanks, I could not resist today to shoot another moon:) and here is my moon from today[/SIZE][/B]

again Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4
1/250, f/4, ISO 160, hand held

a bit OT:
BTW: La Palma is next to Chile the 2nd candidate for the planned new super big E-ELT telescope and has one of the biggest today of about 10m;)
click on the foto for more info

Another great moon shot. Very interesting about the super telescope. I hope you get it there.

Alnitak

Kurt: Cool beach shot. I like the way the Noct renders the OOF areas with that swirl.
Knorp: That shipyard is productive. Cool stuff there.

dierk

back from space into my garden today

this M9 really keeps my busy:D

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

cala lily
I have hundreds of cala shots and get always exited again from this plant

jonoslack

Thanks for viewing.
Hi Bart
These are great - the sofa tickles my fancy particularly. . . . . makes me:
1. want to go to the shipyard
2. buy the 85mm summarex
Both with misguided feeling that it'd help me to take such pictures.

As you say, the bokeh is pretty mad.

all the best

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
I've been off of this thread for the past week - i've been shooting the 24 Lux exclusively and started a separate thread on it.. Anyway, back to normal. This has got to be one of the best photo threads anywhere on the internet.

Here's today's post to my blog. M9 + 35mm pre Asph. chron v.4.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Knorp - nice series and yes, I like the Summarex! Here is one from the Summarex on the M8. In addition to the weird and wild behavior it does perform nicely when stopped down.