The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Wonderful images on the last several pages (and the 300 preceding pages as well!). Here are a few from the M8 + 35/2 ver IV.

Alnitak

Dierk: More great calla images!
Jaap: I love the swan shot, the blue and white make a lovely color combination.
cmb: Great bunch of images but my favorite is the Summarex shot of the forest. Very moody.

Knorp

Hi Bart
These are great - the sofa tickles my fancy particularly. . . . . makes me:
1. want to go to the shipyard
2. buy the 85mm summarex
Both with misguided feeling that it'd help me to take such pictures.

As you say, the bokeh is pretty mad.

all the best
Hidihi Jono,

1. want to go to the shipyard
-> just do it ;)
2. buy the 85mm summarex
-> although silver/chrome it's just gigantious, absolutely not pocketable ... :bugeyes:
-> Unless Caspar is willling to carry it for you ... :shocked:

And thank you, glad you like them !

Kind regards.

Lloyd

Wonderful images on the last several pages (and the 300 preceding pages as well!). Here are a few from the M8 + 35/2 ver IV.

Great shots all. I've lusted after that Summarex for years, and you haven't helped. Plus, I sold my Ver IV earlier this year, and sometimes wonder why... like when I see these nice shots!

roanjoh

Great images guys!!!

However, that forest shot is STUNNING!!! I haven't heard of this particular lens before *85 Summarex........... is that an old lens?

cmb_

Great shots all. I've lusted after that Summarex for years, and you haven't helped. Plus, I sold my Ver IV earlier this year, and sometimes wonder why... like when I see these nice shots!
Yes Lloyd, the grass is always greener . . . etc. and I have lusted after plenty of what you have in your bag through your splendid posts as well! Lately, I have taken to leaving one lens on for long periods, partly out of laziness, but mostly in an effort to try to get to know each lens better. The ver IV has been on the camera for over a month now but somehow I feel the urge to take the Summarex out for a spin today. Hopefully the light won't be too good which will prevent further lustful posts!

MikeScecina

Workshop Member
Hey Charlie,
Beautiful photography, as usual. My favorite is the staircase and it's interesting architecture...where is that?

cmb_

Lloyd

Yes Lloyd, the grass is always greener . . . etc. and I have lusted after plenty of what you have in your bag through your splendid posts as well! Lately, I have taken to leaving one lens on for long periods, partly out of laziness, but mostly in an effort to try to get to know each lens better. The ver IV has been on the camera for over a month now but somehow I feel the urge to take the Summarex out for a spin today. Hopefully the light won't be too good which will prevent further lustful posts!
LOL. Thanks. I know what you mean about sticking with one lens for long periods. I do that often myself. On the M8, for instance, I seem to default to my 35 Cron. Even when I have a bag full of glass with me, I will often just use just the one lens I started wih, and that, I'm pretty sure, is generally laziness on my part. But, if it works, what's the problem.

I do think that using a given lens exclusively over a period of time will teach one a great deal about how best to use that lens, and make a person a better photographer overall. Ironically, my mother gave me a large box of Kodachrome slides this past Sunday; images my father took with his Leica when we were growing up. I've been going through them, and I have to say I'm very impressed with much of what I see from a photographic standpoint (nostalgia aside). My father had one single lens ever, a 5cm f2 Summitar, and yet the variety of "looks" he got with it genuinely surprised me.

dierk

the M9 really keeps me busy:D

from today: Agave

does anybody knows the english name of it?
(Schwanenhalsagave in German)

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4