The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Great stuff, Kurt, Dierk, Endre, and Ron!

Kurt, damn, I have lost my mind looking at the wonderful shots you are making. Unfortunately, no obvious takers for my proposed lens auction (actually got lowballed a couple of times...not so fun), so I will stay put and wait for a time more appropriate for joining the club!

Best,
Ashwin

m_driscoll

These are great, Matt. I really like that processing on that first one. The second shot is really interesting, but as much from the standpoint of the field of view as anything. I was surprised to see that it was shot with the 50 f1, as at first blush I would have marked it as shot with something wider. Excellent result, which really shows the versatility of that lens... great even stopped down.
Lloyd: That shot surprised me too. The lens was the wrong choice for the day (lots of blown highlights). It actually is pretty versatile and does have apertures other then the f/1.0!

Great stuff, Kurt. Love them all, but the reflection in particular. :salute:
Kurt: +1.

Dierk/Endre: Nice work with the CV Nokton 35.

La Plagne (France)
Ron: Beautiful Photo. The natural and artificial light are perfect.

Great stuff, Kurt, Dierk, Endre, and Ron!

Kurt, damn, I have lost my mind looking at the wonderful shots you are making. Unfortunately, no obvious takers for my proposed lens auction (actually got lowballed a couple of times...not so fun), so I will stay put and wait for a time more appropriate for joining the club!

Best,
Ashwin
Ashwin: Take a deep breath and count to 10. You're doing a very workmanlike job with your lesser equipment! :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Just for demonstration of the RF capabilities

these images are nothing special, just for demonstration for those, who are looking here and don't know, if a RF like Leica M9 will be a good choice.
I had the same problem 4 months ago after decades shooting SLR and big problems with my eyes (holes in the macula)

I am always again surprised, how exact I can focus with the rangefinder (and 1.25x Viewfinder Magnifier with the 90mm Macro Elmar)!

the 1:1 crop

These are all great, Dierk, but this last one is breathtaking. :thumbup:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Nice images Endre, Dierk, Ron, Matt and Woody. I firmly believe that they prove that a good eye is so much more important than the lens used. The whole thread is a testament to the excitement, passion and the results of shooting with digital rangefinders. Even going back a simple five pages in this thread demonstrates the wide variety of focal lengths, apertures, age, and brands of lenses.

That being said, Ashwin, take your time in joining the new noct club. You are already producing fantastic shots with your current lenses. There is no need to abandon your current set-up to chase the new noct dragon until you are ready. So many of us (and I'm probably the poster boy for buying and selling lenses) end up regretting and rebuying a variety of lenses over time. I waited for about four months for my new noct to arrive ... which gave me plenty of time to decide if I really wanted to make such a drastic alteration to my lens kit. In the end, I'm happy with my choice, but I know that somewhere down the road I'll eventually want/need to repurchase another 75lux for portraits.

Kurt

endre novak

Nice images Endre, Dierk, Ron, Matt and Woody. I firmly believe that they prove that a good eye is so much more important than the lens used. The whole thread is a testament to the excitement, passion and the results of shooting with digital rangefinders. Even going back a simple five pages in this thread demonstrates the wide variety of focal lengths, apertures, age, and brands of lenses.

That being said, Ashwin, take your time in joining the new noct club. You are already producing fantastic shots with your current lenses. There is no need to abandon your current set-up to chase the new noct dragon until you are ready. So many of us (and I'm probably the poster boy for buying and selling lenses) end up regretting and rebuying a variety of lenses over time. I waited for about four months for my new noct to arrive ... which gave me plenty of time to decide if I really wanted to make such a drastic alteration to my lens kit. In the end, I'm happy with my choice, but I know that somewhere down the road I'll eventually want/need to repurchase another 75lux for portraits.

Kurt
agree. equipment, be that M.... any and many of the available lenses out there are tools essential,- but the way you see the world is even more important.
Obviously, the brand we all like here is a very fine instrument, yet I strongly beleive these images posted here are actually there in the minds of the photograper. We are just lucky to have very similar tastes, here.
And yes, this is an outstanding thread.
Compliments to all.
Endre

Knorp

Matt, Woody, Dierk, Endre, Ron and Kurt, all excellent shots and what a variety, I love it !
So, keep them coming, guys :thumbs:

Here's another one from the NDSM slipway. This time a seriously stopped-down fast 50 :cool:

Last edited: