The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

More summarex madness ...
Bart: I really like the first one. I took two shots in the woods yesterday doing the same exercise as your last two shots. I like both of yours.

Thought I'd give myself a challenge ...

Don
Don: Very nice. The second and third are my favorites. Second because it's a great BIF and the last because of it's abstractness and color.

A few to share from my newly acquired lens - currently my favorite in my M line-up :D
Roan: Great street. They're all good; but, I like the viewpoint and "quietness" of this one.

Very nice Endre. Love that wide perspective. Beautiful place too.
Dierk: +1. Very nice street scape. Love the color and two vanishing points.

one more of the 'dish-art'
(sorry for 'art', it just sounds funny to me:))

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

hand held aginst the sky with some clouds, my arm was almost too short

PP: LR 2.6 - framing with LR/Mogrify plugin for Lightroom
Dierk: Nicely done!

Actually, I do have a few shots that include my feet and pants legs.:eek:

Then I discovered I could hold the camera in front of me and aim down, using the neck strap for added stability. Or I angled the shot, as with this one.

David: This garden was one of my favorite places in Vegas (that must tell you something about me)! Nice photo.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

ashwinrao1

I have been slacking recently, both on posts and seeing all of the amazing stuff. Let it be said that I continue to be inspired, accross the board. I have been busy at work and shooting often. Here are some from yesterday from the Prarie Home Companion show in Seattle, taken with my new 24 elmarit (A CRACKING LENS!!!! It's quelled my summilux 24 desire, as I really love the look that i get from this beauty!!!:

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Thanks, Lloyd, Bart, Matt, Steve, Bart, Dierk, and Gero. I really appreciate the encouragement.

It was fun to confine myself to an unusual focal length. You look for images to fit the lens. Vegas is especially well-suited for wide-angle in that it's built to a larger-than-life scale.

David: These are wonderful. Like Steve, these bottom two are my favorites. Although, I'll add the beautiful lobby to my list.

25mm Biogon on the M9
Thrice; Your landscapes are alway extremely beautiful! The color in this one's perfect.

you asked for more:D
here are some from today,
I cut the blooms and leaves from the last post and put them into a vase

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

PP: LR 2.6 - CS4 - Nik Silver Efex
framing with LR/Mogrify plugin for Lightroom

Dierk: Beautiful. I like the unusual shape and composition of this one.

Can't stay away from this thread :ROTFL:

M9, Tele-Elmar 135 on Visoflex and bellows.

Jaap: Don't stay away! Your photos are always great and of something most of us don't see or experience. This one makes the plant seem almost animal-like. Very subtle coloring.

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

I have been slacking recently, both on posts and seeing all of the amazing stuff. Let it be said that I continue to be inspired, accross the board. I have been busy at work and shooting often. Here are some from yesterday from the Prarie Home Companion show in Seattle, taken with my new 24 elmarit (A CRACKING LENS!!!! It's quelled my summilux 24 desire, as I really love the look that i get from this beauty!!!:

And a couple more from the stroll afterwards:

Ashwin: Nice work. The Paramount's a beautiful old theater. I especially like these last two. 28mm is a great focal length. I also like the last one from your "stroll". That red sculpture looks familiar! Great PP.

Cheers, Matt.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wow. Just wow. Beautiful thread thanks to everyone's fine images.

Not in the same league, but a couple from a visit to the maple sugar house this morning.

Lloyd

Wow. Just wow. Beautiful thread thanks to everyone's fine images.

Not in the same league, but a couple from a visit to the maple sugar house this morning.
I beg to differ, my friend. Most certainly in the same league!! A very nice set (very nicely photojournalistic in sequence). I especially like that third one.:thumbup:

ashwinrao1

Matt,
Lovely work out in the woods. By chance were these taken out in the Cascades off the Mountain Loop Highway off Rte 2 and Granite Falls? Very evocative of that area ,if not, and you can just feel spring crackling in your images...

Alnitak

Wow, I was away for this thread for a few days while I flew back from London and recovered from jetlag, and a ton of great images pop up. I don't want to forget anyone specifically, so I'll just say there are lots of great images here!

Alnitak

I took a quick day trip today up to the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve in Lancaster, CA. The poppies are pretty good this year, better than last year, although not as good as 2008. Still, lots of good photo opportunities. I actually ran into an old guy there with an M9--it's the first M9 I have seen other than a friend's and my own. The guy had to have been 85 or older, and was very nice. We talked M's and lenses for a bit. Anyway, on to the shots, all with the M9.

WATE @ 21mm:

WATE @ 16mm:

24mm Summilux @ f/2:

135mm APO-Telyt @ f/4:

Jeff