The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Matt,
Lovely work out in the woods. By chance were these taken out in the Cascades off the Mountain Loop Highway off Rte 2 and Granite Falls? Very evocative of that area ,if not, and you can just feel spring crackling in your images...
Ashwin: That's exactly where it is! One and a half hours and you're in the mountains. Thanks.

I took a quick day trip today up to the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve in Lancaster, CA. The poppies are pretty good this year, better than last year, although not as good as 2008. Still, lots of good photo opportunities. I actually ran into an old guy there with an M9--it's the first M9 I have seen other than a friend's and my own. The guy had to have been 85 or older, and was very nice. We talked M's and lenses for a bit. Anyway, on to the shots, all with the M9.

WATE @ 21mm:

Jeff: California poppies! Great trip through the lenses. I really like the feeling of this one. It seems to roll on forever. Dorthy, et al, are asleep in there somewhere!

John: Beautiful portrait. The color in the background bokeh really sets off her wonderful features and coloring. Seems to flow into that touch of auburn hair.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

I took a quick day trip today up to the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve in Lancaster, CA. The poppies are pretty good this year, better than last year, although not as good as 2008. Still, lots of good photo opportunities. I actually ran into an old guy there with an M9--it's the first M9 I have seen other than a friend's and my own. The guy had to have been 85 or older, and was very nice. We talked M's and lenses for a bit. Anyway, on to the shots, all with the M9.

WATE @ 21mm:

Jeff
Beautiful shots!

roanjoh

Some low-light shots with the 35 Summilux. This lens will stay in my M8 for a very very long time - it is technically perfect in every way:

Roan :)

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
David - Your wides continue to inspire.
Matt - Wonderful city and outdoor shots of the Pacific Northwest.
Knorp - I've sucker for all of the summarex goodness you are showing. Such an interesting look to that lens.
Endre - Keep the shots coming ... it's great to be able to see what you see through your eyes.
Unclear - Nice shots. Would love to see more.
Ashwin - Somehow I knew you'd have to be a Garrison Keiller fan. He's one of those uniquely American treasures that will become more culturally important as the years past. Nice photos too.
Jaap - Always nice to see your images.
Don - I'm very happy that the M9 is working out for you (mostly so I can see your great southwest photos in this thread versus having to click on the MF image thread). ;)
Eleanor - I'm also a former Phase back user (had the P45+ back for about 18 months). I sold the back about 9 months ago as I determined that I just didn't want to lug the thing around anymore. I guess I find it difficult to be so deliberate.
Tim - I really like the maple syrup shots. Again, another view into a slice of American life away from the big cities.
Jeff - Gorgeous poppy shots. I like how you've used a narrower dof with some of them to give them a dreamier feel.
John - So what's the verdict, John? How are you liking the M9 versus the M8 that you had? I'd be interested to hear what you think.

Kurt

ashwinrao1

Jeff: Wonderful spring flower shots...a beautiful place you have come across, and well captured

Roan: Amazing work as well. I particularly love the last one

Woody. The in-home shot is just terrific!

John: Lovely portrait with the creamy spring bokeh background!

Matt: Glad to see you made it out there...my week-end adventure was to Glazers, hahah...

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Two shots. The first: Early evening bokeh.

The second: I walked past this bride-to-be finishing off a cigarette before she headed into a bar to join her raucous bridal party on Saturday night. For the moment, she still seemed aware of the plastic male genitalia dangling from her head.

Kurt

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Also forgot to mention Roan. Very good images, really like the low-light NYC shots.
Woody - As Ashwin mentioned, the in-home shot is gorgeous.

ashwinrao1

Kurt, more Noctilux magic...interesting, the 2nd image almost has a Noct f/1 look to it. The first capture reminds me of the U2 song, "City of Blinding Lights"...

Lloyd

Two shots. The first: Early evening bokeh.

The second: I walked past this bride-to-be finishing off a cigarette before she headed into a bar to join her raucous bridal party on Saturday night. For the moment, she still seemed aware of the plastic male genitalia dangling from her head.

Kurt
Both great, but the second, combined with the "rest of the story", is priceless.