The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

John Black

J.B. that bokeh is Creamy & Incredible! Beautiful Image Too!

Don, Nice Set! Really like the first & last one!
Thanks. When I first got the 75 APO, the quick test shots around the house did not go well - "nailing" focus was very difficult. Focus was accurate, but if the plane of focus was not placed perfectly, then the shot looked obviously OOF'd. So this past weekend was more or less a validation to make sure I wanted to sell the lens. I purposely shot F2 just to see if I could hit focus. To my surprise, out of ~15 shots with the 75 APO, probably 11 or 12 were in focus. The rendering was great too. Needless to say, no immediate plans to sell the 75 APO :)

ashwinrao1

Yes, strong the bokeh in this one it is! Use the bokeh you must!

hahah...Loving this, I am! Fun, having am I......

Post a picture, I must....Silly, we are...the force is strong in us....

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to SLRs....

Alnitak

Yikes, I spend a day at work and away from this thread, and it gets away from me.

Ashwin, I love shot of the woman with the blown highlight/flare. Great!
Kurt: Definitely Anytown, USA, but also has a distinct midwest feel to me.
John: I love my 75AA. It's tricky to nail focus, especially at MFD, but its got bokeh like no other lens, and a really crisp rendering. It's also a good "near macro" and has the highest native reproduction ratio of any Leica lens.
Don: I like those B&W's of the ruins. Well done.
Endre: The shoe shot is well-seen and well-imaged. Great geometry.
Ashwin: great shot of the photographer. What lens was that?

m_driscoll

Steve: Thanks.
Thrice: Nice "Leaf" photo. The rendering of the bokeh is very interesting (oops, that's what Lloyd said). Well captured.
Kurt: Thanks. The McDonald's shots do evoke a late night, lonely, sort of depressing mood. No people and one of those odd little boxes on wheels. Well done.
John: Beautiful portrait. That lens is one of my favorites. Glad you got the measure of it.
Don: The warm tone to the B&W's of the Casa Grande really convey a strong impression of the original color without diminishing the monochromatic impact of the photos. Very archeological.
Endre: Great "shoe" photo. The isolation of the display and the angled perspective are very cool! Shoes lost in space!
Don: Love the cactus! The color's not too intense; slightly faded greens, hint of magenta; yellow; all work very well in this fine photo
unclearconcept: Only in california would you be able to walk by a statue of Yoda! Nice composition and focus.
Ashwin: Great night photo. Processing for that 3:00 AM after the bars close look! "...hate leads to SLRs..."? did you get hit by that hail the other day? You notice that the last posts are usually yourself, Jeff and myself as the day moves into the Pacific.

Stellar photos all. Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

The sun showed up today just as i was leaving my office. New old lens. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

1. M9; 90mm Elmarit F/2.8; 1/125s @ f/11; ISO 160

2. M9; 90mm Elmarit F/2.8; 1/250s @ f/8; ISO 160

3. M9; 90mm Elmarit F/2.8; 1/250s @ f/9.5; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the previous comments, Ashwin, Steve, Endre, Jeff and Matt.

John, gorgeous subject and background bokeh. It looks like you are getting on real well with the M9.

Don, I like the black and white treatment you've shown. Ready to abandon that Phase back yet? ;)

Endre, you have such a unique view of the world. You keep us all waiting to see what you'll show us next.

Ashwin, your last image is the essence of what being a photographer is all about ... a world in front of you twinkling with infinite possibility (and great bokeh).

Nice shots Matt. I did hear a rumor once that Leica lenses do go past f2? ;) It's like the Seinfeld episode where Kramer and the car salesman never stop for gas as they live on the exhilarating edge seeing how far below E they can drive the car before it will run out of gas.

Kurt

DavidE

Two days away, and there are already many, more great photos from Endre, Dierk, Jaap, Ashwin, Matt, TRSmith, Jeff, John, Roan, Woody, Kurt, Steve, unclearconcept, thrice, and Don.

Incredible photos, and they represent such diverse styles.

Here are some of my favorites over the past two days: