The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Don Libby

Kurt - thank you for the complements and yes you'll be seeing some southwest images here shortly (going to Monument Valley and Moab shortly)

Kurt - I love the image of the bride!

Matt - Great images from the woods!

Jeff - You're getting much better color in your wildflowers than we have here. Then again we might get snow at the 4000 foot level today. :eek:

Ashwin - the images from the archives bring back so happy memories. I like the overall effect also reminds me of Life or Look.

Kurt (again) - Saturday night images are ... stunning. Again jumps right out of the pages of Time, Life or Look. Love the black and white where the blacks are really black and the whites are really white.

Steve & Alnitak - thank you for the complement and comments, I wanted to show Casa Grande Ruins in a different "light".

Endre and Lloyd - Thanks you both. That images was from the Desert Museum.

Underconcept - Like it I must. You have brought the force out that was in you. Much great thing I sense.

Matt - Just call me Indiana Don!

Lastly back to Kurt - Hell No! You can have my Cambo/P45+ if you can pry it from my dead cold fingers. As much as I like the M9 and what I'm getting it still is a complementary camera to the P45+.:LOL:

I've forgotten to thank or complement others and for that I'm sorry. This thread as others have already pointed out is a wonderful place to visit not only for the great images but the insightfulness of the information I've gotten.

Don

Don Libby

Eleanor - Congratulations on the camera. I've found myself shooting images that I wouldn't normally do telling myself at the same time it's all for testing.

I've found that this camera is great for low light places (such as the Monterey Bay Aquarium).

Okay I'll be off the grid so to speak for the next couple days. See ya all when I return.

Don

Lloyd

Lloyd: Actually the second shot was also from the deck. I think my lens is a more recent one based on the serial # and built-in hood. I'm not sure that i shot anything at f/2.8? I'll try it tomorrow. My EXIF data might not be right. I didn't set the lens detection to manual with this lens identified. I'll have to check the 90 Hexanon out. Cheers, Matt
Mine's much older, and has the separate hood. Probably just the lens, as I've seen some good shots wide open from others. I do know that Elmarit is amazingly sharp stopped down.

Beautiful image on the Stiliaguamish, BTW. Man, that 24 lux is sharp, isn't it?

DavidE

Thanks Endre, Lloyd, Matt, Steve, Woody, and Ashwin

Endre, very nice escalator shot. That Elmarit 28 is sharp as a tack.

Woody, wonderful shots of Grand Central Terminal. Looks like a definite stop on my next visit to NYC.

Boymerang, really like the warm and intimate quality of your recording session shots.

Eleanor, welcome to the Leica side of the fence. The high ISO looks fine with that shot. Combined with the sepia, it enhances the timeless look.

Innerimager, super shots. Sometimes I set the focus as tight as possible, and then move the camera until the focus fits. Looks like that may be what you did with those two shots. Terrific results.

Matt, I’m really loving your natural habitat shots. Very inspiring.

Thrice, nice office portraits. Looks like you have a couple of willing participants.

Rayyan, excellent photo – quiet, meditative, carefully composed, yet richly colorful.

DavidE

Oh, no, it's more of those 18mm shots from Vegas.:)

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

shtarka1

Just got my M9 yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out! I've never had a leica before so all this is new to me. This is one of my first tries...An old mandolin in my house. Not a great image and not what I usually photograph but have so enjoyed this forum I wanted to post an image. Will have more to post when I'm more proficient!

I never shoot high iso but did with this one. 35mm Cron ASPH. Shot at f2 with iso of 1250 handheld at 1/30 sec. Eleanor

Eleanor, welcome aboard! Love the tone & shallow dof! Great shot! Enjoy the new M9!!!

Lloyd

Playing around with Lightroom 3 Beta 2.

These are from a local art museum. Nothing special, photography-wise, I was just testing the light for a wedding I'll be shooting here next month, as they do not allow flash.

M8, 35 Cron ASPH, ISO 1250:

This is right out of the camera:

100% Crop; Lots of noise is evident:

Same crop; 10 seconds in LR3 Beta 2. Quick adjustment of the Luminance and Color Noise sliders (I realize it's a little soft. I did not apply any sharpening after the noise reduction):

Lloyd

Thanks Steve. Now here is the same image "processed" in C1 (version 4.8):

Straight out of the camera, but with the Leica M8 profile applied in C1:

100% Crop, no noise reduction:

Same 100% crop, with Luminance and Color Noise reduction (to the max):