The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Steve, more amazingness. Funny, I was scanning images before captions came on, and I said, "This has to be Steve's work"...AMAZING....

Lloyd, very fascinating work with showing the difference in noise reduction. I am waiting with baited breath for LR 3 to officially be released, but you demonstrate that the noise reduction algorithms alone may suffice in inducing this purchase!!!

ashwinrao1

Rayyan, an amazing shot. I just sold the 28 cron, but your image demonstrates what a magical image capturing tool this can be in the right hands. Congrats!

Lloyd

Rayyan, an amazing shot. I just sold the 28 cron, but your image demonstrates what a magical image capturing tool this can be in the right hands. Congrats!
+1, That really is a gorgeous shot.

You Sold The 28 Cron!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Well, it's not like you have no alternatives. :D I do think, however, that the 28 Cron is one of the finest lenses Leica have ever made.

m_driscoll

More Sonnar funtimes, these at f/1.5. I think I should ask if I can return the aperture blades for a partial refund, as this lens is gonna live its life wide open. On M9.

Daniel: Nice quality to these images. Great expression here.

m8, CV 35 nokton
Endre: Great capture. The blurred people are a definite plus.

Love the leg, Endre. Hope they're able to rescue that poor woman soon!

Reminds me of a lamp I encountered on my trip to Japan.

David: We have that lamp! Is there something wrong with it?:LOL:

Superb pics all.. my small contribution.

M8, lux 50 asph, iso=1250, @f 1.4

rayyan: Very rich image. It takes a second to realize that they're monks and then you look closer.

Oh, no, it's more of those 18mm shots from Vegas.:)

David: These are all good. This one just struck my fancy. Vegas shots are OK. That way I won't have to go there for another decade.

Steve: Great, as always! Your B & W processing is something to strive for. This one made me look a couple of times. Very Nice composition.

View from my window..M8, cron 28 asph

Thanks for looking.
rayvan: Beautiful image. Where do you live?

Don/David: Thanks.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Mine's much older, and has the separate hood. Probably just the lens, as I've seen some good shots wide open from others. I do know that Elmarit is amazingly sharp stopped down.

Beautiful image on the Stiliaguamish, BTW. Man, that 24 lux is sharp, isn't it?
Lloyd: Thanks. Didn't get out today to try the Elmarit. Do it tomorrow. the 24 lux is extremely sharp and I was processing it too much.

Playing around with Lightroom 3 Beta 2.

These are from a local art museum. Nothing special, photography-wise, I was just testing the light for a wedding I'll be shooting here next month, as they do not allow flash.

M8, 35 Cron ASPH, ISO 1250:

This is right out of the camera:

100% Crop; Lots of noise is evident:

Same crop; 10 seconds in LR3 Beta 2. Quick adjustment of the Luminance and Color Noise sliders (I realize it's a little soft. I did not apply any sharpening after the noise reduction):
Lloyd: I really like the results from LR3. Looking forward to it's release.

Cheers, Matt.

unclearconcept

M9, 50 Noct & M8.2, 50 Lux :)
I love this one particularly! It's beautiful.

And here are a few more shots from tonight's walk - rain yesterday, and i wasn't bold enough to expose my M9 to the water (yet!)

90/2.0 - the door handle is cropped (edit: i must've missed my export settings, it's huge!) The other two are full frame shots.

I am so jealous if those mountain views up in Seattle - to all those who live in Seattle. Come summer I will be sending along some images from Tahoe, so watch out!

m_driscoll

The rock, a log, Hall Peak, and the woods. Cascade Mountains. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/350s @ f/2; ISO 160

2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/500s @ f/2; ISO 160

3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/250s @ f/8; ISO 160

4. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/25s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

m_driscoll

I love this one particularly! It's beautiful.

And here are a few more shots from tonight's walk - rain yesterday, and i wasn't bold enough to expose my M9 to the water (yet!)

90/2.0 - the door handle is cropped (edit: i must've missed my export settings, it's huge!) The other two are full frame shots.

I am so jealous if those mountain views up in Seattle - to all those who live in Seattle. Come summer I will be sending along some images from Tahoe, so watch out!
unclearconcept: Nice detail shots. Looking forward to your Tahoe photos.

Cheers, Matt.

endre novak

Daniel, the Voightlander lenses are certainly sharp wide open and such a great bargain.

Endre, now we're talking. ;) Reminds me of the leg lamp scene from an American movie that gets replayed over and over at Christmas time each year here in the states ... A Christmas Story. I don't know if you've seen it, but here's a youtube clip of the leg lamp scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJSmmbmJCLw&feature=player_embedded

Kurt
fra-gi-le ,- that must be italian LOL,- that was a good link, have not seen before-
cheers,

@ David,- a nice find, too in Japan. Indeed the Elmarit is a lovely little lens gives a good field of view on the M8, too.

endre novak

superb images, just to drag a few, again for all:

Steve:

rayyan: beautiful view over those mountains.

Daniel:

[/QUOTE]

Matt:

4. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/25s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

complimnets,-

Last edited:

otumay

Steve, Lloyd, excellent shots. Btw, I think noise removal in LR3 is very good AND C1 did a very good job. I slightly tend to prefer C1.

rayyan

Lloyd, David, Shtarka1, Ashwin, Matt,Otumay...

Thank you all for your generous comments. There are so many..so so many
simply superb pics from you all that I do not know where and with whom to begin.

Lovely, inspiring work by all of you folks.

Take care.