The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

rayyan

Dierk, I am truly humbled by your gracious comment.

I do pray that we leave it better than we found it.

Thank you very much.

rayyan,
this is my top favorit on all pictures.

what can I say,
besides the PP (B&W, grain, tonality) and your title

it touches me very deeply and I it reminds me of the question, how we leave our beautiful earth to these young human?

m_driscoll

Some shots of a very funky band at the Pike Place Market, Seattle. They're in front of the original Starbucks. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M8; 28mm f/2; 1/180s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

2. M8; 28mm f/2; 1/60s @ f/9.5; ISO 160

3. M8; 28mm f/2; 1/350s @ f/3.4; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

Steve: Great captures. The fourth one's kind of a sleeper. I like the quizzical look that girl has. Stellar PP and composition. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfoilio.com
Thanks Matt!
I have to agree with Matt on the third one. I like it.

What's up with the funky moire patterns in the third one? Curious which raw converter you were using.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff! Almost didnt post the third one for crappy processing on my part, but i liked the "Belly Tray" :D! Processed these in CS3 & converted in Silver effex, shot in jpg.
Steve, ain't the lux 50 asph wonderful. Even more so in how you are using it.

Love these two particularly.

Thanks for sharing.
Yeah That Thing Is Special! Thanks A Lot Rayyan!

shtarka1

Long way down and up to/from school.

M8/ cron 28 asph.

Thanks for looking.
Excellent light,iq & feel!
Some shots of a very funky band at the Pike Place Market, Seattle. They're in front of the original Starbucks. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. M8; 28mm f/2; 1/180s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

2. M8; 28mm f/2; 1/60s @ f/9.5; ISO 160

3. M8; 28mm f/2; 1/350s @ f/3.4; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Remember the group "Pure Prairie League Matt from the 70's? Reminds me of them. Love the processing & rockabilly vibe!

dierk

A few more images from my wildflower trip last weekend. Busy week, so I haven't had time to post.

Jeff
Jeff, I love your wildflower shots:)

here are (not so many but) also natural beauties, I found yesterday

Leica Macro-Elmar-M 90mm f/4

T

thinkfloyd

From today, out with my family, chanced upon a sand castle making contest... light was pretty bad (just after dinner)...

M8 + 35/2.5 PII

Bébèrt

Playing around with my 'new' Telyt 400/5,6 combo and shooting some shots in a DSR-style-world.

M8 - Telyt 400 - f5.6 - 1/2000 - handheld

M8 - Telyt 400 - f5.6 - 1/1000 - handheld

Don Libby

Just stopping by to say hi after being gone for a couple days’ dues to a project that’s still on going; while I don’t have anything to contribute I have nevertheless seen beautiful samples of what the Leica is capable of. Ocean, fields of flowers, street imagery, people dogs (and cats) all wonderful samples that makes me proud to be part of this forum.

I’ll be visiting Chiricahua National Monument later this month and for the very first time ever plan on just taking one camera system for the various hikes I’ll be doing.

Please keep posting wonderful images as it certainly helps me visualize what my M9 is capable of if I do my part right.

Don

Alnitak

Dierk, love those pink flowers. That 90mm seems to draw very nicely, with rich color and contrast. I keep debating adding it to my kit.....

Anyway, here's a few more from my wildflower trip. I'm sitting in the lounge in LAX waiting for a flight to London, so I am not out shooting more flowers this weekend. Hopefully there will be some left next week when I return.

The aptly named Goldfields paint the hills a bright golden yellow. M9 + MATE @ 28mm f/4:

And so do the sunflowers; M9 + MATE @ 28mm f/16:

Once down in the Carrizo Plain, the fields are painted blue with Phacelia and white and yellow from the Tidy Tips. Of course, the gold-painted hills are still lovely, even at a distance. M9 + MATE @ 28mm f/16:

But I find myself drawn back to the carpets of yellow Goldfields mixed with my favorite color--Purple Owl's Clover. M9 + 21mm Elmarit-M ASPH @ f/16:

Spring in California is just fabulous.

Jeff

Lloyd

Wow... just wow. Matt, Reynolds, Steve, Rayyan, Keith (welcome, btw), Franz, Jeff, Bébèrt, Endre... and everyone else. The stuff posted lately... just wow!!

eleanorbrown

Hi Don, missed your images on the forum... I'll be driving with husband Dale, to Torrey, UT/Capitol Reef Na. Pk tomorrow for about 4 days. I'm taking my M9 with 35 and 75 cron lenses and my Phase back, but honestly not sure if I'll even take the Phase out of the pack. Right now I'm having such fun with the handheld Leica...not sure if I want to shoot with anything else. It's very "freeing" to be able to handhold this camera and get such great imagery. eleanor

Just stopping by to say hi after being gone for a couple days’ dues to a project that’s still on going; while I don’t have anything to contribute I have nevertheless seen beautiful samples of what the Leica is capable of. Ocean, fields of flowers, street imagery, people dogs (and cats) all wonderful samples that makes me proud to be part of this forum.

I’ll be visiting Chiricahua National Monument later this month and for the very first time ever plan on just taking one camera system for the various hikes I’ll be doing.

Please keep posting wonderful images as it certainly helps me visualize what my M9 is capable of if I do my part right.

Don