The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Wonderful stuff by everyone (too many to mention as I'll forget someone).

Here's one from the Hydraulic Power Station at Wapping Wall in London:
A French Picture Show:
M9 with MATE at 28mm
4 seconds ISO 320
Wonderful Daniel
This might become something of a theme:
Bring me Dead Flowers
M9 75 Cron
Here is another dead flower shot:
M9 with WATE
the first cowslip.
M9 75 'cron (muddy knees)
Jono: All four are great! "Bring me dead flowers"? Rolling Stones "send me dead flowers"? This one of your dog really strikes my fancy today. Great color and balance of forms. As usual, nicely done.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

A Photo Essay...On the way to Shangri La...#1

Legend has it that beyond these mountains, covered with snow and shrouded
in mist lies the fabled land of Shangri La

The entrance to this Land is protected by Guardians from time immemorial

The people have gazed across the valleys and plains to the far distant peaks
and wondered what Shangri La would be like.

Most of them would gather behind their fortified walls, with their offerings
to their gods and gaze in awe and wonder at the majesty of that which
might lie beyond.
But, as is usual, there were a few brave souls that dared to embark on
a journey. Many many perished; those that returned told of an experience
that most mortals only dream of....

To be continued..
Shtarka1,Daniel,Roanjoh,Jono,Don and Lloyd..
Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

Prior to posting the next pictures of the Shangri La adventure, I want to
acknowledge the fact the most of the photos that follow are not mine.

They were taken by one of the most courageous persons I have had the
honor for knowing. The Journey belongs to that person and so does the
praise.

A few of my photographs are interspersed in between.

That person is my wife of 37 years. Courageous and with a heart of gold.
A grandmother of 4. She is now under training for an ascent, if possible,
of Mont Blanc or the Matterhorn. I am blessed to have her.

Allow me to introduce her:

with our youngest grandchild.

Arriving for a live satellite TV interview at our home.

Best Regards.
rayan: These are wonderful photographs and your narrative provides an additional dimension. 1,010 words; not just a 1,000. The last one seems most expressive of that longing for Shangri-La to me. I'm curious: is Shangri-La a western fictionalization (James Hilton), or was it based on old legend? In essence, it's some feeling within every human.

The photos of your wife are both wonderful. The first especially so for the moment and feeling it captures. Are you planning on being the expedition photographer. Climb up the pitches ahead of her with your camera gear to photograph the ascent? Just kidding.

Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

Puget Sound, Bainbridge Island, Olympic Mountains. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/350s @ f/13; ISO 160
Love this one Matt. The composition is really good. That boat and wake in the foreground really make it for me.

shtarka1

the first cowslip.

M9 75 'cron (muddy knees)
Well worth the Mud! Gorgeous Jono!
Shtarka1,Daniel,Roanjoh,Jono,Don and Lloyd..
Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

with our youngest grandchild.

Arriving for a live satellite TV interview at our home.

Best Regards.
Rayyan, your wife is Amazing & your grandaughter is Precious!
this one with strong PP: Topaz Adjust and Nik Color Efex

(not for the Leica purists:))

Fabulous!
Puget Sound, Bainbridge Island, Olympic Mountains. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.

M9; 90mm f/2.8; 1/350s @ f/13; ISO 160

Breathtaking Shot Matt!

m_driscoll

Love this one Matt. The composition is really good. That boat and wake in the foreground really make it for me.
Matt, that has to be one of my favorite images from your portfolio....lovely tonality and contrast!
Lloyd/Ashwin: Thank you gentlemen. We took my mother for a little road trip today and ended up on Magnolia Bluff. The boat wake makes it a little dynamic and creates a subtle leading line towards the mountains. The boat itself really provides a sense of scale. :lecture::LOL:

Cheers, Matt.

eleanorbrown

Gosh! I'm only gone a day (traveling to Utah) and so many inspiring M lens shots when I check back in to the forum! Can't believe I've gone all these years and had so many different kinds of cameras and never used a Leica until now! anyway. Here are two from today..the first in a tunnel in Glenwood Canyon, I70 in Colorado (35 cron 6 seconds) and the second in Capitol Reef National Parks with my 75 cron.

Please note I've processed these on my 13 inch laptop...color, contrast, etc may be off but I have no way of knowing from what I have to work with here in Torrey Utah. One thing I can say after looking at my files from today is that the Leica comes across with flying colors as a landscape camera. Eleanor

m_driscoll

Ashwin: I didn't see you hanging around my house today? Great images! Both color and B&W. You've been shooting some exceptional "detail" shots lately with the X1, and now, these with the M9. The slightly "edgy" PP in the color photos reinforces the impression.

Eleanor: These are striking images. The color and composition are great in both. Did you stop in the tunnel, or is that a slight glass reflection in the lower left? The light changing in the distance really draws the eye.

Cheers, Matt