The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Matt: wonderful; colorful; artistic....:thumbs:
Best.
rayyan: Thank you. I appreciate the compliment from a master.

A dollar a day...
Regards.
rayyan: Great image. A reminder of the non-Leica world.

No distortion correction. I'm using Cornerfix to correct vignetting. I'm using the Zeiss finder, which offers a big and bright image. Bigger image than the stock finder - the one built into the camera that offers 28-135 view - in terms of image seen inside the finder regardless of FOV.

Very low distortion, according to tests I've seen, less than the 18/3.8 Super Elmar. Lighting was available light. Just turned on all the lights and tripod mounted. Set appropriate white balance at time of shooting but still tweaked in PP.
Thrice: Good information. That's an exceptional lens in your hands.

Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

some IR, 18mm Distagon in the first one, 35mm C-Biogon for following two. Note the odd reflections in the corners on the Distagon shot, this is present in all the shots at f/11 with this lens, I'll have to do more testing to see if it's present at other apertures. At least there is NO HOT SPOT which is contrary to the M8 hot spot thread, and the corners shouldn't be visible on M8 so I have no idea who tested this lens for a hotspot.

Thrice: These are exceptional. The blue sky in the IR really pops. I think, in some ways, these are more striking then monochromatic IR. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Wow, there have been so many fine photos over the past week. Lots of pages to check out.

I've been in Las Vegas attending the Digital Cinema Summit and NAB tradeshow. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to take a lot of photos while I was there.

Did have a chance to see (behind glass) the new Leica Summilux-C lenses for PL-mount "digital & film 35mm cine & digital" cameras. For $178,000, you get a set of 16mm, 18mm, 21mm, 25mm, 35mm, 40mm, 50mm, 65mm, 75mm, and 100mm lenses -- all f/1.4. The 16mm and 18mm lenses focus down to 0.35 meters. You have to buy the entire set, but the Band Pro sales rep I spoke with said that rental houses could buy them and rent them out individually.

A couple of shots from this trip using the M9 and 24 lux.

A few more, also with the M9 and 24 lux.
David: Another wonderful visit to Vegas by proxy. Thank you. Great images. Love this one.

Cheers, Matt.

Knorp

You guys just keep killing me - wonderful shots all around.
Thank you everybody for posting and keeping this fantastic thread alive.

Here're three from yesterday of a more humble subject.
Thanks for viewing.

| tele-elmar 1:4.0/135mm | bellows-2 | visoflex-3 |

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Thanks for viewing.

Bart: Those are exquisite! The composition and the background color really highlight the flowers. It'd be interesting to see a photo of your lens setup. Thanks for posting. Cheers, Matt.

shtarka1

Thanks for viewing.

Incredible detail & color! Great shooting!