The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

gero

A lot to be inspired in this thread, thanks for the energy.

In the interim, I'd like to post a few images taken at a large immigration rally held in Milwaukee earlier in the day. No matter how you feel about the subject, it's a powerful experience to stand in the middle of the street and document the emotions of people of all ages and sizes as they pass in waves in front of you.

Kurt
Kurt, It is hard not to feel with that series, congratulations.

dierk

dierk: excellent angles, light/dark contrast. This one though is masterful. The geometric patterns the framing and the composition are superb.

I love the tiny 21/4.5; one of the best in my stable.

Regards.
Dierk: Thank you. Your B&W images are always very composed and elegant. The softer shadows and hard sunlight in the second and third are very compelling and the opposite of your fine Opera shots. At 28 deg. latitude the light is a factor that you work very well. I haven't noticed the "color shift" that you're talking about in your photos with this lens. Although, you probably corrected it. Cheers, Matt
I am thinking of a change to the Super-Elmar-M 1:3.8/18mm ASPH:confused:
the color shift is really very much and for color hard to compesate.

thank you very much rayyan, Matt and Endre

Zeiss C-Biogon 21mm f/4.5

PP: LR 2.6

this is the original before Cornerfix

and this is 1:1 crop, showing what this little lens is capable

shtarka1

Dierk, Fantastic IQ & Perspective! Cornerfix Does Quite A Nice Job!

Rayyan, The Good Old Days Of Vinyl! I Can Still Hear The Scratches From My Jackson 5 Albums From Yesteryear! Nice Set & Theme!

rayyan

Dierk, Fantastic IQ & Perspective! Cornerfix Does Quite A Nice Job!

Rayyan, The Good Old Days Of Vinyl! I Can Still Hear The Scratches From My Jackson 5 Albums From Yesteryear! Nice Set & Theme!
dierk: x2 what Steve said. I love the 21/4.5...warts and all.

Steve: Thanks. Unfortunately my vinyl collection dwindles each year. Unknown
to me, my family seems to cull then often!

Thanks.

m_driscoll

Matt: Thanks for putting up the color version. The color feels like after some rain. I am attracted to the browns/cyan/blue contrast.
I like the bw more; don't know why though.
Best.
rayyan: You're welcome. I think that I like the color more; also, don't know why.

Istanbul.
rayyan: Beautiful. The slightly jagged processing creates a unique pictorial feel to this image. Is this Hagia Sophia?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

I am thinking of a change to the Super-Elmar-M 1:3.8/18mm ASPH:confused:
the color shift is really very much and for color hard to compesate.
thank you very much rayyan, Matt and Endre

Zeiss C-Biogon 21mm f/4.5

PP: LR 2.6
this is the original before Cornerfix
Dierk: Lively photo! I can see what you mean about the color shift in this image. Don't know much about the 18mm Leica (other then the $$$).

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

rayyan: You're welcome. I think that I like the color more; also, don't know why.

rayyan: Beautiful. The slightly jagged processing creates a unique pictorial feel to this image. Is this Hagia Sophia?

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Thanks. Yes sir, it is. There was renovation going on in there. I had
to position myself so as to avoid the scaffolding. the 28 cron asph is one
lens i madly love.

Regards.

m_driscoll

dierk: x2 what Steve said. I love the 21/4.5...warts and all.

Steve: Thanks. Unfortunately my vinyl collection dwindles each year. Unknown
to me, my family seems to cull then often!

Thanks.
Rayyan: +1. What Steve said. Istanbul, is, and always has been one of the crossroads of the world.

Now, my vinyl collection is starting to grow a bit year by year. I'll put a record on late at night (i.e Pink Floyd's Pulse). I think the new vinyl has a totally different quality then digital. For instance, at lower volumes, it's clearer (and i don't wake anybody up). Of course, i could simply be imagining it!

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

England and Scotland are places I have a special affinity towards. I grew up there. I think I know these places maybe more than my home.

Beautiful and magnificent.

The Peak District.