The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

ashwinrao1

Hi All,
As usual, Kudos to all for the amazing work.It's been a few pages since I contributed, as work has gotten in the way...

Here are a few fun ones from tonight, as I got to test a very special lens for the first time...

otumay

rayyan: You're welcome. I think that I like the color more; also, don't know why.

rayyan: Beautiful. The slightly jagged processing creates a unique pictorial feel to this image. Is this Hagia Sophia?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Rayyan, I agree with Matt; this is spectacular.
Matt, I don't think this is Hagia Sophia. Maybe Suleymaniye, Blue Mosque or Sehzade, I'm not sure. They are constantly being renovated, sometimes towards an unnecessarily standardized look.

thrice

Daniel: These are beautiful! I'm curious? What's the red dot in the sky in each image? The sun?

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Indeed! Controlled burning South of Perth caused quite a bit of haze (for which the Environmental agency responsible apologised) which lead to some interesting atmospheric conditions. A lot of Australian flora germinates in fire, so forest fires tend to occur frequently naturally, unless they do controlled burnings in the off season.

Lloyd

Hi All,
As usual, Kudos to all for the amazing work.It's been a few pages since I contributed, as work has gotten in the way...

Here are a few fun ones from tonight, as I got to test a very special lens for the first time...

Ashwin! You took the plunge, eh? Beautiful results.

rayyan

This shot, and the one before it are simply superb. What stunning color. Beautiful image of Istanbul as well. Great work, Rayyan.
Rayyan, Both Wonderful!
Rayyan, I agree with Matt; this is spectacular.

Matt, I don't think this is Hagia Sophia. Maybe Suleymaniye, Blue Mosque or Sehzade, I'm not sure. They are constantly being renovated, sometimes towards an unnecessarily standardized look.
My thanks to all of you for your kind words.

Osman, I stand corrected re: Hagia Sophia. Though all of these structures
are magnificent.

Regards.

ashwinrao1

WOW is right. AMAZING! What lens and settings did you use, Rayyan?!?

Spectacular. Your portfolio is quite impressive!

jonoslack

Congratulations on the new toy Ashwin
I like the grasses shot best I think.
Rayvan - the new Istanbul shots are great

Talking of new toys, I have a new 3880 printer (having retired my ailing 4000). It's lovely to be able to print decent gloss again.

Emma has a new toy as well (it cost about the same as the 3880 printer:eek:)

M9 50 'lux

She seems to be pretty pleased about it:

all the best

Lloyd

Congratulations on the new toy Ashwin
I like the grasses shot best I think.
Rayvan - the new Istanbul shots are great

Talking of new toys, I have a new 3880 printer (having retired my ailing 4000). It's lovely to be able to print decent gloss again.

Emma has a new toy as well (it cost about the same as the 3880 printer:eek:)

M9 50 'lux
She seems to be pretty pleased about it:

all the best
Yes does indeed seem to be pleased. Nice shot... and congrats to you both.

ashwinrao1

Thanks Lloyd and Rayyan. You guys are right. I took the plunge and now swim alongside Kurt, metaphorically speaking! I got it yesterday, and hope to take many more shots this week-end, so that I can share more....

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd and Rayyan. You guys are right. I took the plunge and now swim alongside Kurt, metaphorically speaking! I got it yesterday, and hope to take many more shots this week-end, so that I can share more....
Congrats. Looking forward to "many more shots".:thumbup:

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Jono! Wow, a great toy yourself, that Epson 3800 is spectacular. It's on my target list for the near future, but for now, my Canon PixmaPro 9000 gets me upto 13x 19 inch prints....the 3800 would be a dream, though....

And congrats to Emma on that wonderful toy as well ;);

panda81

Hi All,

Is this the new Noctilux 0.95 ASPH? Goodness you do amazing things with it...congrats!!