The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

m_driscoll

Ottawa: lux 35 asph. The ' Old ' one.
[/CENTERRegards.​

rayyan: I like the PP in this one. Even the dirty snow looks good!

Very nice first posts with the new camera! Welcome to the forum... definitely looking forward to much more. :thumbup:
BTW, that little critter in the second shot looks like me... I always was the black sheep of the family! :D
Arjuna: +1, What Lloyd said. except I look more like an old airedale.

A quiet morning stroll upon which I found a Bocce court...may present more opportunity in the future. Thanks for looking...
Bishop: Nice photo: light, shadow, composition. Minimalist without going to the beach. Seeing more bocce photos will be fun.

Wow, alot going on the past week...much to comment on but wanted to recognize the following images...
Matt -- I just love the processing on this image...well done!
Bishop: Thanks. Always seems like I'm behind. Great photos being posted!

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Tommy: Nice photos. I like the clouds, the distant sea, the sliver of a road coming from the left and the shadow on the grass and then light in this one. What is that odd hummock that looks like a gyro being carved away!

...Matt: You bought things from Pike's place. You owe them big! Lovely. mRegards.
rayyan: Thank you. I do owe the Market based on all of the photos that i've stolen out of there. :D

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Nice focus & beautiful color & bokeh!...
Steve: Thank you. :D

Excellent social interaction & friendly disposition to obtain such results! Rayyan, we must see a photo of your George Clooney Looks & Lloyd E. Physique that allows you to aquire images of Beautiful Women with such Ease!:rolleyes:;):D!
You have long since demonstrated with your images, an eye for beauty. Once again here we see proof! And no doubt the tall, dark and handsome part plays a role. :) Thanks for the useful tips... I can hope to try all of them, except the tall, dark and handsome part, sadly. :D
rayyan: +1, +1. Wonderful photos. It's interesting that Osman recognized those steps from that relatively tight photo (BTW: very nice with the bird movement). The composition and PP are great in all of them. I agree with what Steve and Lloyd said. But, you didn't note that having a lovely woman by your side helps!

Cheers, Matt

rayyan

Excellent social interaction & friendly disposition to obtain such results! Rayyan, we must see a photo of your George Clooney Looks & Lloyd E. Physique that allows you to aquire images of Beautiful Women with such Ease!:rolleyes:;):D!
Steve: Cheers. Just tell them you can be whatever they want you to be...works a charm.:D

You have long since demonstrated with your images, an eye for beauty. Once again here we see proof! And no doubt the tall, dark and handsome part plays a role. :) Thanks for the useful tips... I can hope to try all of them, except the tall, dark and handsome part, sadly. :D
Lloyd: Grateful sir. I am taking about the soul, my friend. Not something fleeting.

Steve: Thank you. :D

rayyan: +1, +1. Wonderful photos. It's interesting that Osman recognized those steps from that relatively tight photo (BTW: very nice with the bird movement). The composition and PP are great in all of them. I agree with what Steve and Lloyd said. But, you didn't note that having a lovely woman by your side helps!

Cheers, Matt

Matt: Thanks. of course you are right. But Ayesha is not with me all the time
;)

rayyan: Very nicely done!:thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Matt: All in a day's work, my friend.

rayyan

We are in Montreux, Switzerland. The Brazilian contingent is there for a promotion.

Huge crowds around them. I have supported Brazil soccer all my life. Time to
move in. I need a photograph.

First attempt.

Get close, be genuine. Failure.

Give me a few seconds and we shall see.

rayyan

Never failed me. get close. be genuine. respect.

later, they paid for dinner!;)

True story. True and tested advice.

Lloyd

Never failed me. get close. be genuine. respect.

later, they paid for dinner!;)

True story. True and tested advice.
Ah yes, the old "ploy them with the beautiful assistant trick"!!:D I can see how that would be very effective. :thumbup:

rayyan

Ah yes, the old "ploy them with the beautiful assistant trick"!!:D I can see how that would be very effective. :thumbup:
The assistant was there to balance the photo! ;)

Just to convince you..

We are in Nepal.

Hi there folks. been behind you for sometime. You do walk fast.
Oh, hello. What can we do for you?

Where you folks from? No, I meant which part of the States.
Mn., twin cities. Lovely place.
have you been there? actually 5 months ago I was there.
No, I am not American. I was up in Rochester, at Mayo..for my yearly medical. Wanted to get to know some Amish folk.
Are you Amish?
Tell you later, but how about a photo of you fine folks..

Thank you. Need help, just holler Butch.

Lloyd

Just to convince you..

We are in Nepal.

No, I am not American. I was up in Rochester, at Mayo..for my yearly medical. Wanted to get to know some Amish folk.
Are you Amish?

Ok... I concede. You do have the touch. :salute: (and... you are a smooth talker (I have that on very good authority!:)))

Lloyd

Lloyd: Grateful sir. I am taking about the soul, my friend. Not something fleeting.
Rayyan: Indeed, my friend, indeed. It is definitely not something fleeting. And I hope I've not suggested I'm making light of that truth.

I think you've repeatedly more than demonstrated a sensitivity to the humanity of your subjects. I think it follows that a connection (often on several levels) is required to first allow you to see beyond the veneer of defensiveness most people project, and then second, to be able to capture what is deeper, and real, with your image.

Perhaps that is what draws us so to your images (and not just the portraits, but all of your images). And in seeing your subject's humanity (their soul), or the power of a moment in an image without human subjects, you are at once displaying your empathy for the subject, and also a great deal about yourself.

m_driscoll

Just to convince you..

We are in Nepal.

Are you Amish?
rayyan: Nice Montreux soccer story and photos! Do you speak Portuguese, or was English the Lingua Franca. Your empathy for people is apparent from your photos and writing and that clearly comes through to people in person. :salute:

Cheers, Matt.

m_driscoll

Rayyan: Indeed, my friend, indeed. It is definitely not something fleeting. And I hope I've not suggested I'm making light of that truth.

I think you've repeatedly more than demonstrated a sensitivity to the humanity of your subjects. I think it follows that a connection (often on several levels) is required to first allow you to see beyond the veneer of defensiveness most people project, and then second, to be able to capture what is deeper, and real, with your image.

Perhaps that is what draws us so to your images (and not just the portraits, but all of your images). And in seeing your subject's humanity (their soul), or the power of a moment in an image without human subjects, you are at once displaying your empathy for the subject, and also a great deal about yourself.
rayyan: +1
Lloyd: Said very eloquently.

Cheers, Matt