The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

robertwright

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

I think the problem is the viewfinder intrusion. Even on the ziess it is bothersome. I wish zeiss woudl come out with a lower cost smaller slower version like the voigtlander p series 25mm. It would make a good street lens.

Been thinking about the voigtlander for that but since it is no longer ltm it makes it that much harder to code.

jonoslack

I think the problem is the viewfinder intrusion. Even on the ziess it is bothersome. I wish zeiss woudl come out with a lower cost smaller slower version like the voigtlander p series 25mm. It would make a good street lens.

Been thinking about the voigtlander for that but since it is no longer ltm it makes it that much harder to code.
I use the Zeiss without a hood - get very little flare problem, and it hardly intrudes at all (FwIW).

Daniel

Bought me a Voigtlander Heliar 75mm f2.5 to play with.

Philadelphia, PA

And a Voigtlander Nokton 50mm f1.5 also.

Philadelphia, PA

Lovely lenses.

Last edited:

DonWeston

Subscriber Member

This has been a great thread, always good to see images of this quality. I just uploaded some images to a new gallery, here, my first. Below is a sampling, feel free to let me know what you think....

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

I had set the M8 aside for a few weeks to spend some time with the D3. A couple of snaps from the 75lux this morning remind me why I like this lens so much ... and just how nice the M8 is to use. Both were at 1.4.

Kurt

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Had s fun with the M8 this morning in Puerto Rico! Here are a few, but be sure to look in the workshop gallery forum for several more!

All of these were taken with the 28 Cron:

Guy will use anything available for anything he needs any time he needs it...

Cheers,

woodyspedden

Had s fun with the M8 this morning in Puerto Rico! Here are a few, but be sure to look in the workshop gallery forum for several more!

All of these were taken with the 28 Cron:

Guy will use anything available for anything he needs any time he needs it...

Cheers,
Jack

This is wonderful. Every workshop you get a Mancuso image that is iconic and each time he has a new system. Following his posts you know that the P25+ is already a "done deal" so it only remains to be seen what he will be using by the next workshop.

By the way I am just really learning to use my Hassy CWD and the Kodak senor, IMHO, is a real great deal. Quality of pixels is a missing component from most evaluations but should get more attention. I will be posting some images just taken and would really appreciate a critical evaluation.

Thanks and best

Woody

jonoslack

So is that Jack asleep . . . booted out of the hotel after barging past the white nun?

Here are some apples and radishes? Not sure why, but what the hell!

M8, 75 'cron (what a sweet lens)

DonWeston

Subscriber Member

Absolutely beautiful, makes you want to pick up an apple and eat it....on the market theme...another shot...
M8 and 50mm 'cron

J

John Campbell

I took my daughter on a little field trip to the grocery store in the Hispanic part of St. Paul the other day. As we where leaving I saw these two doors down a hallway. So while my daughter investigated the gumball machines I dashed down the hall and took a quick snap. I guess if you work there they tell you if you're a red employee or a yellow employee. Next step? Find what's behind the doors! jc