The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Terry

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Charles,
Wouldn't want to go to that vendor at the end of the day when he is ready to sell those last three pretzels. LOL.

helenhill

Love it Charles ....Very Dreamy
Is that a general Vibe of the 'Summarex' ?

Pretzels anyone....Lets go bobbing :D
best-H

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Okay secret love . Pretzels, whoever invented them is my hero. I like that lens

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Loses a little something in the jpeg. The shed latch with the 28 cron.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Charlie: LOVE the pretzel shot!!! (And I still want that lens!)
~~~

Tim: nice detail shot, really liking the tones in the old wood! Just something about that 28 Cron that is so sweeeeeeeeet :)

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

TY all!

Helen - Yes, dreamy is the general look of the 85 Summarex, soft as a NYC pretzel!

Tim - Nice capture! Can't argue with Jack, the tones and detail from the 28 Cron are amazing. I really need to break down and get one.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks Jack and CMB! And the lens continues to amaze me. It manages to make even the mundane look special. But what the heck is an 85 Summarex? I've never heard of it.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Garlic Scapes! Fresh garlic is maybe my second favorite thing in the world. Before I harvest these scapes, I took a few handheld shots with the 75 lux. What do you do with the scapes? Here's one idea:

Garlic Scape Pesto

Ingredients:
1 cup garlic scapes (about 8 or 9 scapes), top flowery part removed, cut into ¼-inch slices
1/3 cup walnuts
¾ cup olive oil
¼-1/2 cup grated parmigiano
½ teaspoon salt
black pepper to taste

Method:
Place scapes and walnuts in the bowl of a food processor and whiz until well combined and somewhat smooth. Slowly drizzle in oil and process until integrated. With a rubber spatula, scoop pesto out of bowl and into a mixing bowl. Add parmigiano to taste; add salt and pepper. Makes about 6 ounces of pesto. Keeps for up to one week in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.

For ½ pound short pasta such as penne, add about 2 tablespoons of pesto to cooked pasta and stir until pasta is well coated.

hdrmd

Pesto sounds great; maybe a little on that pretzel we saw earlier. DR

Joan

Tim! Wow, a man who can cook and take beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing the shots and the recipe. Sounds yummy. Love the curly scapes, had no idea you could use that part of the garlic.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Way cool Tim -- both the shots and the recipe!

Terry

Tim these are beautiful. I'm on my way home from work and was trying to decide on my camera kit for the weekend. The 75 cron just got a boost in the rankings.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Lovely again Tim.

Here is another with the 85mm Summarex on the M8.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks everyone! CMB... lovely color rendition from that lens. Very nice.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Very nice Cindy . I like the soft light on it. Mind if i try something.