The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Thanks Tollie! After looking at it for a day, it's growing on me too.

mwalker

Subscriber Member

TRS Nice image, what lens did you use? ...when where you at Fort Knox?...I live due west from there.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks! That's the 75 lux. And the shot was taken at the OTHER Fort Knox, a civil war era fort on the Penobscot River in Maine. (here's a snapshot from the observation tower of a new bridge that shows the fort on the left edge of the frame)

And for the record, there's a little manipulation going on in this shot. I made a separate layer in PS3 for the B&W conversion and then adjusted the opacity of it until just a hint of the color layer beneath it began to show through. It seemed right for this particular shot.

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Great series Jim --- FWIW I have a very strong preference for the B&W processing...

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Here is some more fun with the M8 (and M8 files), all heavily cropped.
First one with the 50 Lux pre-asph, next two with the Summarex. What a blast!

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

The Swallowtail shot shows so much depth. I just love the OOF rendering of the Summarex. The colors are stunning.

irakly

Love Kills Slowly...
From Moscow with love, m8 and 35 lux.
This is for those who wants to know how do I look like.

woodyspedden

Here is some more fun with the M8 (and M8 files), all heavily cropped.
First one with the 50 Lux pre-asph, next two with the Summarex. What a blast!

Boy both of these lenses are superb! I have both and if you notice in my M lens sale they are not there. They are in my cold dead hands.

Woody

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Jim - I have looked at your series many times now and I keep coming back to the black-and-white one. The processing is just superb. Everything about it just fits the image and the story so well. Very nicely done.

helenhill

Charles
its over the Top Superb
the colors are soooo wild & alive ....:D

Irakly
is it you as Dr Jekyl & MRS. Hyde.....:ROTFL:

Best-H

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

So Charlie, now for the $64,000 question (that was an old TV game show from the 60's and 70's for our foreign viewers):

Which 50 is you favorite?

:D,