The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Thanks eclifford! Of course what you're not seeing are all the other shots where I missed!

Bigfeet

The image pulls the trigger "surreal" in the sense that it exhibits three main items (tights, young woman, cycling boy) without obvious connection so that we are provoked to associate silly ideas and to extemporise far-fetched stories. Yet everything looks realistic and trivial ad nauseam. But her so what? look draws the photographer in the scene and creates new dynamic; she seems to think: "I couldn't care less whether you idiot enframe me together with household chore and raising of children." And at the same time she exhibits her "wannabe model pose". The cycling boy, the other dynamic element, is priceless. A grotesque mixture.

What an amazing photo!

Bigfeet

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Robert. I enjoyed your shots.

Mike, this Red Square shot is just fantastic....really special.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

From the Kohler Design Center M8 and 35 Lux pre-ASPH

This is probably the last Monarch of the season.
M8 and 90 summicron pre-ASPH f/2

lmr

Wow Cindy... The Monarch shot is Stunning...:clap: MUCH BETTER THAN MINE!!! :thumbs:

You must have been in my backyard too... This is what I have with M8 - 75mm Asph Cron. This is crop 50% to portrait format and resized. No other PS work.

Robert:

View attachment 7654

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Thanks Rob, Jack and Robert.
I think the 90 summicron pre-ASPH is another one of those "sleeper" Leica lenses. I sold my first copy (will I ever learn???), but was lucky enough to buy this one from Bob. It not only does a beautiful job, but it is a chrome beauty to behold.:p

Robert said: "You must have been in my backyard too...":ROTFL:

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Anyone interested in doing a workshop down where the Monarch's spend the winter? There are literally MILLIONS of them all in the same location, so thick they actually completely cover the trees. I'm planning to go back down and shoot it myself in Mexico again this winter. What say you Jack, Guy? Shall we plan a December or January workshop to shoot butterflies?

JimCollum

Took the 35 Lux pre-asph out for a spin today.. all images at f1.4

Around the Watsonville/Salinas area in California

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Nice series Jim! I thought you had a pre-asph 35 Cron --- When did you get the pre-asph 35 Lux, and is this an addition or a replacement?