The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

oc garza

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Now for something a bit warmer :D

Evergreen Cemetery, Victoria, Texas

Last edited:

otumay

Just bought an M8 this week and took some shots along the Bosphorus, Istanbul. Tri-Elmar 16-18-21/f 4.
Regards,
Osman

Last edited:

Erik Five

Looking at the Kodachrome slides with Mr.Webb:

A stolen moment of love:

Found this guy down in the sewer:

Maarten

Beautiful photos, Erik. Your site show even more of the same quality.

How was the workshop? Where was it? I recently did a workshop in NYC with Jay Maisel and really learned a lot from just listening and watching.

Erik Five

Beautiful photos, Erik. Your site show even more of the same quality.

How was the workshop? Where was it? I recently did a workshop in NYC with Jay Maisel and really learned a lot from just listening and watching.
Thanks. It was in Oslo, Norway. Something called Dok08. It was a fun week. It wasnt only Alex Webb, but also Alessandra Sanguinetti, Jacob Sobol, Chris Anderson, Rebecca Webb, Paolo Pellegrin, Chien Chi-Chang, Richard Kalvar, Chris Steele-Perkins, Jonas Bendiksen and David Alan Harvey. So you can imagine what good time it was. Photo 24 hours a day with evening lectures from all the photographers as well. It isnt every day you get to meet 10 Magnum Photogs at the same time...

Maarten

Thanks. It was in Oslo, Norway. Something called Dok08. It was a fun week. It wasnt only Alex Webb, but also Alessandra Sanguinetti, Jacob Sobol, Chris Anderson, Rebecca Webb, Paolo Pellegrin, Chien Chi-Chang, Richard Kalvar, Chris Steele-Perkins, Jonas Bendiksen and David Alan Harvey. So you can imagine what good time it was. Photo 24 hours a day with evening lectures from all the photographers as well. It isnt every day you get to meet 10 Magnum Photogs at the same time...
Wow, that must have been quite an experience. I love the photos of Jonas Bendiksen. I have the book Satellites and the saw exhibition in Amsterdam. Iconic photographs.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

... and probably one of the best all-around lenses technically that Leica has ever produced for the M.

:thumbs:

Arne Hvaring

Arne Hvaring,

Those three shots are stunning. Thanks for the views.

O.C. Garza
Victoria, Texas
Sorry for the late reply, I've been traveling and mostly off-line for the last few days.
Thank you Garza, and congrats with your excellent, moody cemetery shot, well done!
Arne:

Wow... those shots great!

Wow... early winter? Is that this year... now?

:)
Robert.
Thanks Robert, these are shots from last winter which I haven't got around to posting before, better late than never, I suppose:)

Arne, Arne, Arne (One exclamation for each image LOL)

I love the beauty and the simplicity of your images. Of course you are now in much colder weather than most of us so we need to screw our heads on a little differently to appreciate your images. But they are truly beautiful.

Please always continue to bless us with these snapshots of our world in our time. They are priceless!

I hope someday that our paths will cross so I can meet with you and share points of view. I am sure I could learn much from your travails.

Woody Spedden
Woody, as usual eloquent and profound comments, much appreciated.
If our paths are to cross, I guess you'd have to come to Norway, (which wouldn't be a bad idea:thumbup: ), then I would certainly take good care of you!

Arne, you make we want to go out and buy an M8!!!

MAzor
Sounds like a good idea, if you have the $$$$! The new M8.2 looks tempting, and just what the M8 should have been from the start IMO.

Wow! Arne,
Gorgeous work.
Thank you, Cindy!

irakly

here is a couple of shots i did lately. trying to break a habit to shoot everythig with 1.4/35 :)
the square picture is 2/90, the second one is 1.4/50

helenhill

Tres Cool....Love them both , Irakly
Moody,Sweet & Noir Charming!!

Erik Five:
Loved your 1st & 4th shot.....the Seminar sounded Supreme
Best- H

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Great shots everyone. I get inspired every time I come in this thread.

Alas, too many weeks of too much rain and work plus no time behind the camera. So I took a short walk in the front field tonight just as the sun was setting. I managed this one. The color is still coming into the leaves. Hope the rain doesn't ruin the changeover this year.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

You guys are inspiring me to get my butt out and shoot --- keep em coming!