The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

D

dudedog

Re: Fun time / M8 images

Dude:

That cockpit shot with the 12 is outstanding!

Whereabouts in the Bay Area are you located?
Hi Jack, I'm in Foster City, but I'm always looking for great places to shoot in the area. I'm new to the forum, fairly new to the M8, and will probably jump on one of the GetDPI Workshops in the next year or so. Can't do Moab because of my daughters wedding, but will be looking for the next one...

BTW- I love the CV 12/5.6

Dude

M

Manatee

Great shot Jaap.
Love this Dutch weather.

I also went out with my borrowed M6. Will show pictures later.

Cheers,

Rob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Jaap great shot. That 21mm looks nice. On the matter of the CV12mm i love this lens and actually like it much better than the 15mm CV although i never ran a side by side. i just think the 12mm is the better lens overall

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Hi Jack, I'm in Foster City, but I'm always looking for great places to shoot in the area. I'm new to the forum, fairly new to the M8, and will probably jump on one of the GetDPI Workshops in the next year or so. Can't do Moab because of my daughters wedding, but will be looking for the next one...

BTW- I love the CV 12/5.6

Dude
Ditto on the 12 --- a truely awesome lens for the money! Well any time your down this way shout --- maybe we could meet at Keeble and Shuchat and have a cup of coffee :) Understand about Moab --- a daughter's wedding does take a wee bit higher priority LOLOLOLOL! We'll look forward to having you on one of the next ones.

Best,

woodyspedden

Gosh Kurt, it looks more like "puddle" Mead. The southwest drought has really taken a toll. Hopefully we will get a few years of more than normal rain and bring levels back to where they should be. I read recently that one gentleman whose name I do not recall was actually able to go into some beautiful canyons which were flooded by Lake Powell after the dam was built. He was able to walk into the canyons which is just bizarre but a testimony to the lack of water in recent years.

Anyway, love the shot.

Woody

woodyspedden

Ditto on the 12 --- a truely awesome lens for the money! Well any time your down this way shout --- maybe we could meet at Keeble and Shuchat and have a cup of coffee :) Understand about Moab --- a daughter's wedding does take a wee bit higher priority LOLOLOLOL! We'll look forward to having you on one of the next ones.

Best,
Just got in touch with Stephen Gandy to buy one of these puppies. CV does a really great job and thanks to all the postings here it is easy to make a decision to spend only $574 for such a product.

By the way, are most of you folks using it with the standard adapter or are you using a John Milich adapter and hand coding. If the latter, what coding do you use. I would assume you have to use the 16mm or shoot with no coding and use cornerfix.

Woody

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

FTR, I'm using it with a standard adapter, no coding and no filter.

D

dudedog

By the way, are most of you folks using it with the standard adapter or are you using a John Milich adapter and hand coding. If the latter, what coding do you use. I would assume you have to use the 16mm or shoot with no coding and use cornerfix.

Woody
I'm using it with a standard adapter, no filter, and no coding as well. Good luck with it! George

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

I use a standard adapter and no filter also BUT i do use Johns hood which is really nice . The issue here is you need to turn the coding off . If you leave it on than you will have to use corner fix to correct becuas the firmware will try to correct at it's default level

jlm

Workshop Member

i have found it easiest to have all my lenses coded and with IR filters...I make fewer menu setup mistakes. by the way, the 12mm hood/filter adapter can be used w/o the filter by simply screwing it's halves together.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Christmas eve afternoon in Sedona. We couldn't stay till sunset:mad:...maybe next time.

Merry Christmas!

johnastovall

Deceased, but remembered fondly here...

San Antonio, Texas, 5am

I love the early morning darkness with it feeling of great space and emptiness among the buildings. Humans are reduced to almost shadows...

4season

Nothing profound here, but it never fails to amaze me how bright the nighttime sky can be when it's snowing, and this one looked almost like a false pre-dawn to me.

Noctilux at f/1 (I love how it makes everything look like a miniature shot at macro range)