The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

robsteve

Subscriber
Re: Fun time / M8 images

Nice shot Jaap.

Here is may attempt from last night. I was pretty close too. Shot at 16mm on the WATE.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Reynolds, Maggie and Robert: Great captures! Glad to see you're out using the cameras. Me, I hope to shoot some maybe tomorrow...

Jack

JimCollum

a few older ones from Fort Point in San Francisco

all taken with the 21mm 2.8 pre-asph

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Ditto on the Fort Point images --- VERY nice!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Ben, those are stunning architectural shots --- look like they were taken with a view camera! (That little 15 is an impressive performer, isn't it?)

Ben Tanner

Workshop Member

Thanks Jack, It is an impressive little lens. It will out perform my nikon 12-24. I have the CV12 now and I think it is better yet! I should of posted these shots larger, I sized them down to about 2-1/2 megs.. What is a good size to post on the forum - where it shows the image at it's best? Ben

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Thanks Jack, It is an impressive little lens. It will out perform my nikon 12-24. I have the CV12 now and I think it is better yet! I should of posted these shots larger, I sized them down to about 2-1/2 megs.. What is a good size to post on the forum - where it shows the image at it's best? Ben
Yes I agree, the little 12 is even better :thumbup:

You can post any size image you want, then the posting software limits the initial view to 900 pixels. If the reader desires, they can then click on it and get to the full size as uploaded. As for what's best, I find anything more than about 1200 pixels gets cumbersome to view and moreover, it gets near to being high enough quality it can be screen captured and printed calendar quality without your knowing it...

Cheers,

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

These look great Ben . Nice thing is the distortion is very low. What also is amazing is it is a 350 lens and I think the 12mm is even better also.