The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun time / M8 images

Hi Ben:

I really like that image!

When I apply the watercolor filter, I tend to use it on it's own layer to adjust later and add stronger effects so it actually looks like a watercolor ;)

Here is my rendition. I think it looks more like a watercolor, though maybe this is not the effect you were after:

O

odyocu

Some photos from Madrid:
In the first picture the white jacketed person had an M8 as well. I wonder if he is a member here. He may be surprised to see his photo.

I hope the photos work.. (We'll see right now. if not, how can I delete my post, I wonder)

Regards, Seyhun
Istanbul-Turkey
http://gallery.slrdigital.org (moderator)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Maggie, that's probably the most interesting view of the Eiffel Tower I've seen --- great job taking something so widely photographed and adding a creative twist to it!

:thumbs:

Maggie O

Thanks, Jack!

The really cool thing is it was taken with a lens that was borrowed from another M8 shooter that I'd just met, moments before. We swapped lenses with each other for a few minutes and happily snapped away.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

The really cool thing is it was taken with a lens that was borrowed from another M8 shooter that I'd just met, moments before. We swapped lenses with each other for a few minutes and happily snapped away.
Very nice shot, Maggie. I hope that you have this lens on your shortlist. You used the borrowed lens well.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

It's definitely on my birthday wishlist now!
Maggie: I have one in very good shape, no adapter (using it on my 12) and no finder (using that for my 12 too). I'll let go for $200. You'd need the LTM to M adapter and find a 21 finder, but since you have the M8, this saves you from paying for the stock 15 finder and you can use the savings to buy the 21 finder.

Cheers,

Maggie O

I've already got a 21 finder! It came with my LTM 21mm CV Skopar.

I may just take you up on that, but I gotta check my finances first. Pencil me in for it. :)

jaapv

Subscriber Member
Christmas Cake

Working on flashes here. I unearthed my ancient Metz Z2, and was blown away by its superiority over the SF24D.
As the Z2 is in the process of melting down, I bought a MZ3 on the Bay, and the Leica flash will be a just-in-case flash from now on.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Just a quick shot from a week long gig in LA doing a show . 90mm Summarit at F4 ISO 640.

jaapv

Subscriber Member

Are these robots or people? I'm sure your client didn't mean it that way, Guy, but you managed to capture the inhumanity of the exercise.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Well there aspiring Models and Talent trying to break into the business and yes they don't smile enough in my book. If i want a agent or casting director to be interested in me at least i can smile. This one was from a team fashion competition but I agree they look like robots