The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

I made some new friends today. They all seem pleasant enough but they don't have much to say. ;)

N

nei1

Patrick,love your work,its my new years resolution to try this process out.All the best,.......Neil.

Thanks for the comments.

Neil, I would be happy to answer any question you may have. A good place to start would be to find the Dick Arentz book on Platinum Printing, 2nd edition where he discusses the NA2 method.

Paratom

2 from last weekend with the wate.
Now since I have used MF for some time the M8 has become my "small, flexible" camera and it holds up pretty well.
Cheers, Tom

JimCollum

Thanks for the comments.

Neil, I would be happy to answer any question you may have. A good place to start would be to find the Dick Arentz book on Platinum Printing, 2nd edition where he discusses the NA2 method.
I found that the Ziatype process was the easiest for me to learn. It's a printing out process, so there's no development of the print.. the only chemistry involved is in the coating of the paper (there's a clearing stage.. but that can be often done with hypo clearing agent and a water soak)

http://www.alternativephotography.com/process_ziatype.html

http://glsmyth.com/AltProcess/Articles/Ziatype/Ziatype.htm

http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/articles/ziatype.html

This process has been able to get some of the highest d-max prints for platinum (1.6 - 1.8 on bergger cot 320 paper). The color ranges from dead neutral to the traditional warm brown

Paratom

Tom, the color in these two pictures is sublime...
Thanks, it was quite cold and after dawn.
The M8 to me seems not have the best accurancy of colors but often pleasing colors which reflect the overall impression to look like what I have seen in reality.

C

Cancelledreality

2 from last weekend with the wate.
Now since I have used MF for some time the M8 has become my "small, flexible" camera and it holds up pretty well.
Cheers, Tom

Very nice, Tom!

C

Cancelledreality

It is pretty cold, here in the Netherlands.
But a great time to go iceskating. :)

I used LR2.2 for B&W, which gives me beter results than Aperture.

And some are faster learners than others :)

pthompson

The M8 to me seems not have the best accurancy of colors but often pleasing colors which reflect the overall impression to look like what I have seen in reality.
I love the way the M8 handles all sorts of color and exposure situations. Here are a couple of snapshots of poinsettias in the afternoon sunlight that would give my Canons fits. Minimal post work...