The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

I recently purchased a VC 35/2.5 Color Skopar "C" to take as part of a small, lighter travel kit. Here are some test shots comparing that lens with the 35 Summilux ASPH. I apologize that the crops are not all the same. Did this quickly, and shot handheld. Post processing identical for each sample.

For my part, I was pleasantly surprised. Not bad at all for a $230 lens, and I love the small size.

Here's the Color Skopar @ f2.5 (wide open):

Here's the Summilux at f2.5:

And here's the Summilux wide open:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Another shot with a "cheap" (make that "inexpensive") lens. This one of my wife and granddaughter with the VC 90/3.5 APO Lanthar. Wide open.

C

Cancelledreality

Hans, that girl looks a lot like someone I knew, Andrea.
Her name is Natasja. My lovely girlfriend. :salute:
She keeps in check that I don't buy to many lenses. :)

C

Cancelledreality

Another shot with a "cheap" (make that "inexpensive") lens. This one of my wife and granddaughter with the VC 90/3.5 APO Lanthar. Wide open.

Wow Lloyd, this one is absolutely beautiful. :clap:

gero

Her name is Natasja. My lovely girlfriend. :salute:
She keeps in check that I don't buy to many lenses. :)
Hans, I notice that you are from Holand. The girl that I am talking about lives in USA but both her parents are from where you live.

they look very much alike.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Lloyd,
You have some beautiful girls in your family!:thumbup:
The CV lenses might be inexpensive, but I think they are wonderful tools.

Lloyd

Lloyd,
You have some beautiful girls in your family!:thumbup:
The CV lenses might be inexpensive, but I think they are wonderful tools.
Thank you Cindy... I count myself blessed in the extreme. And yes, I agree, the CV lenses I've tried have been wonderful tools. :thumbup:

Lloyd

Llyod, very very nice. Was the light natural or you had strobes?
Natural light. They're actually standing in our bathroom. The large catchlight is from the window to their right, and there was fill on their left from the mirror on the wall.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

A postcard from my little town. This stream runs right through the center of it.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks Lloyd. That's the 28 cron. Cropped a little since I was standing in the water and a little off balance... crooked in the frame.

Lloyd

Impressive in the extreme. (That lens is on my wish list. Just hope that when I finally get one I'll be able to employ it anywhere near as well.)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

You're very kind. But in truth, the lens kinda makes things happen. I'm just sort of tripod (or maybe bipod is a better term.)

Lloyd

Our newest grandson; one month old. Finally got to meet him!! Joy.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Congrats on the new member of your family LLoyd!

One last one from the previous shoot. I'd kind of given up on it but tried another crop and a little toning.