The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

TR - I like the mood the toning imparts to the image. Both shots form the series work very well. It appears to have been a beautiful day for a walk but perhaps you were freezing out there.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks CMB. Yep, very cold, just above zero F. But by this time of year, I've grown used to it. Which is not to say that I won't be glad when it goes away!;)

Lloyd

Congrats on the new member of your family LLoyd!

One last one from the previous shoot. I'd kind of given up on it but tried another crop and a little toning.
Thanx, TR.

As for the images from this shoot. I'm sorry to have this be the last of them... stunning work. Really enjoyed them.

Wonderful images TR. I feel cold just looking at them.

These are some of the nicest snow photographs I have ever seen. Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing.

Lloyd

One with the Noctilux from a few evenings ago.

Last edited:

robsteve

Subscriber

Where do we post Leica R images? I thought there was a thread, but I couldn't find it.

Robert

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

Mexican Hat
View attachment 11625
And if you think you need a new set of glasses it is because I didn't take a mid-ground focused shot :angry:
-bob

pthompson

I love this thread - T.R., your winter shots are wonderful, and hard-earned given the temperatures!

I got the 50 cron two years ago because it was affordable (comparatively), and I have come to love using this lens. Here is a shot of a friend at an art gallery this past weekend...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks pthompson! Everyone's comments made the walk worthwhile.

That's a lovely portrait with the 50 in the gallery. Very nice feeling of depth. And the rendering of the oof figure in the background is a tasty bonus. Nice!

Lloyd

I love this thread - T.R., your winter shots are wonderful, and hard-earned given the temperatures!

I got the 50 cron two years ago because it was affordable (comparatively), and I have come to love using this lens. Here is a shot of a friend at an art gallery this past weekend...
Very nice! I love my 50 Cron, it renders beautifully... as does your, clearly.

Lloyd

With my Leica M8, I am often looking for black and white images, as was the case here. I have the camera set so that the review image I see is black and white, but the camera is also set to create a color raw (DNG) file.

This was taken about 20 minutes after sunset, and the black and white I was going for is shown below. The color result above was pure Serendipity. I always say, it's better to be lucky than good!

M8 w/CV 15mm/f4.5 SuperWide; straight out of the camera.

Last edited:
C

Cancelledreality

I really like the colour, Lloyd.

C

Cancelledreality

Some shots from Sunday.
All with the 28 'cron and Auto-ISO. Which works really well, wish I used it sooner. :)
They all have some noise (ISO 1250) but I like it in these shots.

C

Cancelledreality

Mexican Hat
And if you think you need a new set of glasses it is because I didn't take a mid-ground focused shot :angry:
-bob
Very sharp, Bob. You have some nice places to shoot.
Wish we had some mountains or canyons here. :(

M

MEB

I was invited to a superbowl party. The host was prepared with 3D goggles for everyone to watch the 3D commercial. What is particularly funny is that there were a total of 6 judges (at the highest levels of both federal and state judiciary) at this party in addition to several command level state police officers and a number of successful attorneys and everyone put on those silly goggles. I couldn't resist the picture. The room was quite dim so that the picture really pushed the camera into a noisy zone.

Mark