The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

One of my ever-patient wife with the CV 35/2.5 Color Skopar "C". Sweet little lens. The price is certainly right!
Lloyd - lovely picture of the boss - excellent.
As for the 'cron, I guess you have Jack's one on the way?
I grabbed one in the UK at the 'old' price, which was quite a coup. Now I have to sell stuff to pay for it!

Lloyd

Lloyd - lovely picture of the boss - excellent.
As for the 'cron, I guess you have Jack's one on the way?
I grabbed one in the UK at the 'old' price, which was quite a coup. Now I have to sell stuff to pay for it!
(Yes, I bought Jack's cron:thumbs:)

Exactly right, my friend... I've got a number of items on the block as well. I may even be putting my beloved Noctilux up for sale or partial trade. The times we live in, eh?

jonoslack

(Yes, I bought Jack's cron:thumbs:)

Exactly right, my friend... I've got a number of items on the block as well. I may even be putting my beloved Noctilux up for sale or partial trade. The times we live in, eh?
Yes - I'm just trying not to 'spend' any money on lenses - so I'm moving things about. I have too many M mount lenses anyway, and some just simply didn't get used, my quest for the right medium wide seems to stop here, so basic kit will be:
WATE
25 zeiss
28 cron
50 zeiss sonnar
75 'cron

with the 15 CV for those really lightweight moments, and the 90 elmarit because I just like it :)

I had a Nocti for a year . . and sold it. I do regret it sometimes, but you can 'almost' get the same effect with the zeiss sonnar.

Lloyd

Yes - I'm just trying not to 'spend' any money on lenses - so I'm moving things about. I have too many M mount lenses anyway, and some just simply didn't get used, my quest for the right medium wide seems to stop here, so basic kit will be:
WATE
25 zeiss
28 cron
50 zeiss sonnar
75 'cron

with the 15 CV for those really lightweight moments, and the 90 elmarit because I just like it :)

I had a Nocti for a year . . and sold it. I do regret it sometimes, but you can 'almost' get the same effect with the zeiss sonnar.
I'm in precisely the same position... not wanting to "spend" on more glass. In fact, that's the promise I've made to my wife. And I also need to keep a simpler (is that a word?) kit.

That being said, FedEx just stopped my and dropped on my 35 Summicron version IV. ;) another one I've got to clear the board to afford. :D

Have a great day!!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

WATE
25 zeiss
28 cron
50 zeiss sonnar
75 'cron

I have settled (at least temporarily) on this line-up for my M8:
- 21 Zeiss
- 28 Cron
- 50 Lux (pre-asph)
- 75 Summarit

The 28 cron and 50 lux are my two all-time favorite lenses for the M8. The 21 Zeiss and 75 Summarit round out the kit for certain situations, without breaking the bank.

Lloyd

FedEx just delivered a 35 Summicron version IV. First test shot... nothing special, just had to give it a whirl! Wide open:D

C

Cancelledreality

WATE
25 zeiss
28 cron
50 zeiss sonnar
75 'cron

Hi Jono,

Do you have some shots with the Sonnar?

ecliffordsmith

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for the kind comments and congratulations on your new lens. Looks like you are hitting off well. That is a very portrait of your wife too, well done!

Hi Jono,

28 Summicron eh? Very nicely done indeed!

Luxeferous,

Welcome to the forum, and what lovely images. the bokeh on some of those is remarkable!

Robert,

Nice lens the 75 eh?

C

Cancelledreality

FedEx just delivered a 35 Summicron version IV. First test shot... nothing special, just had to give it a whirl! Wide open:D

The 35 'cron pre-asph is also very nice. had that one too (I bought to many lenses the last 6 months :bugeyes: )

And congratulations with the 28 'cron. :thumbup:

These are with the 35 'cron pre-asph

Lloyd

The 35 'cron pre-asph is also very nice. had that one too (I bought to many lenses the last 6 months :bugeyes: )

And congratulations with the 28 'cron. :thumbup:

These are with the 35 'cron pre-asph

Too many lenses, eh? I understand completely. :angel:

Great shots there... and it makes it easier when you have wonderful subjects for the shots, doesn't it?! :thumbs:

gero

Luxferus, from the last two immages it looks like you are in the tropics.

Ed, it's grate how you are documenting your town.

C

Cancelledreality

Too many lenses, eh? I understand completely. :angel:

Great shots there... and it makes it easier when you have wonderful subjects for the shots, doesn't it?! :thumbs:
Hi Hans,

Again nice images. You have a very patient model it seems!
Patience is not a word known to her :grin:
But she like the photos I take of her.
My other 'models' are my niece and nephew. Both don't know me without a camera :D

35 'cron pre-asph

D-lux 3

gero

just in case someone needs to spend on another small lens: 25 3.4 canon.

Last edited:

gero

it is (low contrast?), and it's size is just the best.

Last edited:

gero

Hans, nephus are fine, but just wate until you have children and then you really have subjects.

Last edited: