The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

A few more B&W conversions - these are friends of the family that were over for dinner a while back...

Lloyd

B&W is fun :) A few more of my daugher in her playful moods...
:bugeyes: I'm speechless. Gorgeous shots... and I really need to learn these conversions from you. I've been trying to follow your instructions on the Road to Moab thread, but I just can't seem to get my head around the adjustment brush part. You should do an instructional video... It would be worth buying!!:thumbup:

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Wow, this thread is really moving at a pace.

There truly are too many wonderful shots here to comment on but they are all very very good.

Tim/Helen,

Thanks for the comments!

Gero, thanks, and your first image with the canon lens is wonderful. So calm and subtle.

Lloyd/Mike/Hans,

It is great that you are taking so many records of your nearest and dearests.

Jono,

The cat and dog together is a wonderful picture. The whole series is nice though.

Steve,

You seem to have a 'texas chainsaw massacre' thing going on in that self portrait. Very nice, but I am glad I dont live next door :ROTFL:

The redone version of the derelict building is very nice too.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

I know it's the photographer, but with the photos you post on this thread, the urge to get an M8 is getting stronger by the hour... how long till Christmas, I wonder...

Mike, those portraits, friends as well as daughter, are just gorgeous.

C

Cancelledreality

Wow Mike. Your photo's are fantastic!

I agree with Lloyd on an instructional video on b&w conversion, that is a great idea! :thumbup:

gero

You seem to have a 'texas chainsaw massacre' thing going on in that self portrait. Very nice, but I am glad I dont live next door :ROTFL:

The redone version of the derelict building is very nice too.
I thought of that movie where at the end all are killed. Scarry pictures is a grate idea.

jonoslack

I know it's the photographer, but with the photos you post on this thread, the urge to get an M8 is getting stronger by the hour... how long till Christmas, I wonder...

Mike, those portraits, friends as well as daughter, are just gorgeous.
Dont Do It Jorgen
There are two possibilities:
1. an M8 won't help you to make better pictures
2. an M8 will help you to make better pictures.

If 1 is true, you'll have wasted your money, and none of us would like that
if 2 is true, then the difference between our photos and yours will be even greater .. . . and none of us would like that.
:)

gero

Wow Mike. Your photo's are fantastic!

I agree with Lloyd on an instructional video on b&w conversion, that is a great idea! :thumbup:
there are so many convertion styles in the forum that there is really a lot to learn. It be nice to have a workshop for this.

gero

M8 with WATE - works also great in cold conditions:
I thought first that there was wind when you took the picture, then I thought there was a vestage of wind before the new snow and now I think they are sky tracks that are snowed over.

Lloyd

Last Train to Nowhere
(coming home from work) CV 15/4.5 Heliar:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

What a fun thread.

I'll suggest to Jack and Guy that we include a B&W conversion lesson in our next workshop.