The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

M8 with a 24mm F/1.4

Bigfeet
Nice!!! Makes my wallet hurt just looking at them. :eek: All the images I've seen with this glass have been impressive, and these are as well. :thumbup:

Let's see more!!:D

Bigfeet

Nice!!! Makes my wallet hurt just looking at them. :eek: All the images I've seen with this glass have been impressive, and these are as well. :thumbup:

Let's see more!!:D
I actually got to "borrow" it from the Leica rep at the Leica class yesterday. It took a lot of smiling and promising to bring it back quickly. I only had it in my hands for 30 minutes. Actually, it only took 2 minutes before I knew I wanted/needed one...

Now, to save the pennies.

Bigfeet

Lloyd

I actually got to "borrow" it from the Leica rep at the Leica class yesterday. It took a lot of smiling and promising to bring it back quickly. I only had it in my hands for 30 minutes. Actually, it only took 2 minutes before I knew I wanted/needed one...

Now, to save the pennies.

Bigfeet
I'm saving mine too... only got 36 of them in the coffee can so far, so it may take a while. :ROTFL:

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Reynolds - I like the processing in the fist image, the tones really suit the subject matter well and it creates a nice mood.

How are you doing the signature? A simple thing to try - in Photoshop, put it on its own layer and reduce the opacity of that layer. That will tone it down and you can vary the opacity depending on the image. Also, in the second and third image the signature is placed fine but in the fist image I would move it to the bottom right so it doesn't compete with the "Hoover" text in the image. Same with the second Sousa photo.

The Hoover and the Brady both have a nice mood.
Many thanks for all the input. I agree totally about placement. I think I got sorta stuck on lower left somehow! The signature is a PS brush and you forced me to learn that there are opacity and flow sliders on brushes...how 'bout that? So, check this...

Diane B

ALSO, I am using LR2.3 and CS3. Since upgrading to 2.3 from 2.3RC, when I go to "edit in PS" from LR, PS opens but the image doesn't. What's that all about? Do I need to get CS4 or something?
No, but change how you open the files in PS. I use the same to process. Go into your preferences and set up your external editor for CS3. Then when you right click to edit in PS--choose Photoshop.exe instead of CS3. Should work fine. It has to do with the current version of ACR and LR2.3--ACR in CS3 isn't the same RAW engine version and CS3 can't support the latest version.

Diane

jonoslack

Gee, I am saving for one too but I have 44 pennies in my jar!
You guys are real slow . . I've got 3600 pennies in MY jar (hmm that means I'm 1% of the way there)

Reynolds - that signature is much better.

Lloyd

Many thanks for all the input. I agree totally about placement. I think I got sorta stuck on lower left somehow! The signature is a PS brush and you forced me to learn that there are opacity and flow sliders on brushes...how 'bout that? So, check this...
I agree, this is a much better signature treatment. Nice image too.

Lloyd

What a difference a day makes. Beautiful, warm weather; nice clear vistas just yesterday... and today, yuk. Taken about 2 minutes ago

Aw, Spring. (More of this forecasted over the next several days... the joy.)
View attachment 13875

Last edited:

Lloyd

Tired of this dreary, colorless, winter weather!

I'm working on a project called "Local Color". Here are a few sample shots from the past week.

These four all taken with the 35 'Cron ASPH:

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Thanks so much everyone for the direction and comments. I am getting there thanks to you and a couple of Jack and Guy's workshops. This digital photography thing is starting to be the fun I was hoping for!!

Reynolds

Workshop Member

Thanks so much everyone for the direction and comments. I am getting there thanks to you and a couple of Jack and Guy's workshops. This digital photography thing is starting to be the fun I was hoping for!!:thumbup:

Lloyd

Spring taunted us briefly last week. Now these are covered with 6 inches of new snow.

CV 90/3.5 APO-Lanthar:

F

f1,4

Hi everybody,
with my first post I wish to congratulate all of you for this amazing thread and the exciting pictures you take.
Question for Lloyd: your B/W conversion really inspires me! :thumbs:
Did you ever reveal how you can get this powerful result?
Best Regards,
Alex

Lloyd

Hi everybody,
with my first post I wish to congratulate all of you for this amazing thread and the exciting pictures you take.
Question for Lloyd: your B/W conversion really inspires me! :thumbs:
Did you ever reveal how you can get this powerful result?
Best Regards,
Alex
Alex, I'm honored. Truth is, I'm inspired by the b/w conversions of several others here, particularly those by Mike Hatam.

However, I'm happy to share. The conversions in the images I posted just above were done in PS4 (works the same in PS3). I have an action I use to make the initial conversion, and then add a Curves adjustment layer to give it a little more "pop".

I often do my conversions in Lightroom, where I have a couple of presets created, but these most recent posts were done in PS.

F

f1,4

Alex, I'm honored. Truth is, I'm inspired by the b/w conversions of several others here, particularly those by Mike Hatam.
True, I admire too Mike's work. Hope to be able soon to share with you all some photographs! (when work slows down a bit...)