The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

stevem8

More, more, more..

Hey guys, great stuff. Lloyd, as usual a set of great images. Anyway, here are my latest two...

Thanks to all for posting these super images. Very inspiring!

Lloyd

Re: More, more, more..

Hey guys, great stuff. Lloyd, as usual a set of great images. Anyway, here are my latest two...

Thanks to all for posting these super images. Very inspiring!
Thank you, Steve. Great stuff. I love that first one. My wife really liked as well. (I'd probably feel the same about the second as well, but it doesn't show up for me.)

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

The same four in B/W. (This comes of boredom, but I ended up liking the outcome.) Maybe I should call these "Color-less"?
Nice work Lloyd. In this particular series, I prefer the color set. Those colors add great character to the images.

Mike

Lloyd

Nice work Lloyd. In this particular series, I prefer the color set. Those colors add great character to the images.

Mike
Thanks Mike. I always appreciate your comments.

I prefer the color as well, but that was the whole purpose of the project, so I'd better prefer it?! :eek: The b/w just came about out of some downtime and boredom.;)

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

A few from a short walk this afternoon - with a couple signs of spring on the way (50 preAsph, Summarex, Summarex).

Lloyd

A few from a short walk this afternoon - with a couple signs of spring on the way (50 preAsph, Summarex, Summarex).

Great stuff. That last one is a show stopper. I'm very much enamored of that Summarex, and here is a prime example of why.:salute:

S

sclamb

Not sure which I prefer. M8.2 with Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5 at f/2.5. Comments welcome.

Simon

Lloyd

Not sure which I prefer. M8.2 with Summarit-M 35mm f/2.5 at f/2.5. Comments welcome.

Simon
Beautiful images both, Simon. For my part, I prefer the first, as it is more of a moment of reality captured.

The second, looks more like a drawing... it certainly has a wonderful quality, and is very special in its own right. No fault of the image, just a matter of taste between the two.

S

sclamb

Thanks Lloyd. I think I prefer the first one too, but the second was an attempt to convey a sense of warmth and a dreamlike state.

S

sclamb

Simon
Apologies - this was taken using the Summarit-M 75mm f/2.5, not the 35mm.

Simon

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Simon
Simon - what a wonderful shot!

I prefer the first as photograph. The 2nd would make a nice hall-mark card.

Mike

otumay

A few shots taken during a stroll in Istanbul with a newly-acquired (and deeply appreciated) Elmarit 24mm.
Best regards,
Osman

Last edited:

cmb_

Great stuff. That last one is a show stopper. I'm very much enamored of that Summarex, and here is a prime example of why.:salute:
TY Lloyd, yes the Summarex is wonderful but which M lens isn't!!!

cmb_

Simon - Lovely capture!

Daniel - Skylight 307 Opening Night - nice series gives a good sense of the atmosphere.

Lloyd

A few shots taken during a stroll in Istanbul with a newly-acquired (and deeply appreciated) Elmarit 24mm.
Best regards,
Osman
Osman,

That lens has a wonderful look to it, I think it's particularly evident in the last two images. Punchy, saturated, contrasty. I can see why you appreciate it so much. Nice post, thanks.

fotografz

Damned Daniel, I really enjoyed your shots!

I get weary of relentless and heartless technical perfection, and long for stuff that's atmospheric like this.

otumay

Osman,

That lens has a wonderful look to it, I think it's particularly evident in the last two images. Punchy, saturated, contrasty. I can see why you appreciate it so much. Nice post, thanks.
Lloyd, thank you for the encouragement. It has been only six months since I bought my M8, and now I realize that it's a totally different world. But I have to stop buying those wonderful lenses, otherwise I'm broke:eek:
Kind regards.