The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

stevem8

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Thanks guys for the comments! Yea, having Seal put that link on his main page was incredible. I thanked him and he was so amazingly kind.

stevem8

Simon, I see you are putting that 50 Lux to good use. Nice images! Was that the 18 for #7? If so, it looks good!

Lloyd

Some from my trip to my parents today.

Simon
So nice, Simon. Those b/w portraits are really wonderful, and the shot of her hand is very special... brought my wife to tears.

Thanks for sharing!!

S

sclamb

Simon, I see you are putting that 50 Lux to good use. Nice images! Was that the 18 for #7? If so, it looks good!
Thanks Steve, I think the 50/1.4 is such a fantastic lens. It really adds something special to portrait type pictures. All the colour ones that follow the B&W ones are with the 18mm.

Simon

S

sclamb

Re: Mark

After Steve's shots, which stopped the show, let's get back to our hum-drum down to earth stuff...
What a cute dog :thumbup: and a great picture. I will have to try and take some pictures of our dogs but I am not so sure they will pose as well as your dog.

Simon

S

sclamb

So nice, Simon. Those b/w portraits are really wonderful, and the shot of her hand is very special... brought my wife to tears.

Thanks for sharing!!
Thanks Lloyd. I took the picture of the hand because my mother has dementia and for the past few weeks she has been asking where her rings were. She had forgotten where she had put them and we found them today. She was so pleased to get them back and she asked me to take a picture.

Simon

S

sclamb

A bit more colour from the 50/1.4. Graffiti on a disused garage,

Simon

jaapv

Subscriber Member

Jaap
I'm reporting you to the RSPCA . . .that dog has clearly been hoodwinked. I'd guess someone promised her/him extra supper on the basis of co-operation in a photo session.

I hope you came up with the goods, but that look suggests not!

(lovely photo though.)
Don't worry, we negotiated. The fee for posing was two dog snacks:grin:

DavidE

I was attending the CTIA tradeshow in Las Vegas this week, so I had a chance to give my newly purchased M8.2 and 28 cron a proper workout.

Here are some shots from the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace. I arrived early for a meeting so I would have time to wander around.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Last edited:

Lloyd

I was attending the CTIA tradeshow in Las Vegas this week, so I had a chance to give my newly purchased M8.2 and 28 cron a proper workout.

Here are some shots from the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace. I arrived early for a meeting so I would have time to wander around.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
Nice, David. I particularly like the two b/w images.:salute:

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd. Glad you like them.

Here's the third one again, but this time in B&W. I think it works pretty well either way.

These are a couple of shots of the Chaos ride at Circus Circus. I usually stay at Circus Circus when I attend tradeshows in Las Vegas because it's cheap, and I can walk to the convention center.

Lloyd

Very nice, David. I think I prefer the b/w version. Of the last two, I like the color better, given the subject matter.

DavidE

Thanks again, Lloyd. The Adventuredome ride shots do tend to look better in color. Otherwise, it can be a confusing maze of rectangles and triangles.

Vegas is so cluttered, you sometimes need color to sort out what's going on. Here's a shot from that same trip that works much better in color. The alternating colors help make the image interesting.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

DavidE

Speaking of being lost in a confusing maze of triangles, I thought it would be cool to capture this self portrait when I saw a reflection of myself at the Adventuredome.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Lloyd

That is a great color subject. Nicely seen and captured.

Excellent sp.

Thanks again for sharing, David.

DavidE

Sorry to hog the space, but I've been following this thread for months, and it's exciting to be able to post images from my new camera.

Here are some shots of a Circus Circus trapeze artist. Didn't catch her name -- only that she is originally from São Paulo.

Lloyd

Sorry to hog the space, but I've been following this thread for months, and it's exciting to be able to post images from my new camera.

Here are some shots of a Circus Circus trapeze artist. Didn't catch her name -- only that she is originally from São Paulo.

Good stuff, David. I a particularly like these two; the first of them being my favorite.:salute:

Lloyd

The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

I'm taking Jack and Guy's suggestions, and starting a new M8 images thread.

Here are my first offerings... my poor guitar gets no attention these days, as any spare time I have finds a camera in my hands. Had to find a way to combine the two today.

CV 50/1.5 Nokton: