The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

My wife likes chickens (we used to have real chickens). I'm trying out different processing options in Lightroom.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Last edited:

Lloyd

My wife likes chickens (we used to have real chickens). I'm trying out different processing options in Lightroom.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]
Nice color. Interestingly, I opened this in both Safari and Firefox, and there is a definite color difference between the two. On my MacBook, the Safari version is a bit more saturated, and the reds really pop. More subtle color on Firefox.

DavidE

Interestingly, I opened this in both Safari and Firefox, and there is a definite color difference between the two. On my MacBook, the Safari version is a bit more saturated, and the reds really pop. More subtle color on Firefox.
Lloyd, do you have color management set on for one of your browsers but not the other? That might account for the difference.

stevem8

I have the same issue as Lloyd. How do you set color management for your browsers? Im using a macbook pro..

woodyspedden

On my machine both Safari and Firefox show colors almost identical to each other. I remember when there was a thread showing how to set each for color management but that was a while ago and I don't remember how to do it. Sorry!
Woody

Lloyd

With Firefox, you can use the Color Management plug-in (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6891) to enable/disable color management or load a monitor-specific color profile. I don't use Safari, so maybe someone else could chime in for that one.
I'll have to check it out. I tend to use both browsers at the same time. (Don't know why, just a habit, I guess.) I've never set any color management on them, they're just at the defaults.

DavidE

Three street shots from my LA trip several weeks ago. All processed with Silver Efex Pro, which can now operate from within Lightroom.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Three street shots from my LA trip several weeks ago. All processed with Silver Efex Pro, which can now operate from within Lightroom.
Very nice, David. Wonderful b/w. I keep thinking I should try SEP, and shots like these keep shoving me toward the edge.;)

DavidE

I keep thinking I should try SEP, and shots like these keep shoving me toward the edge.;)
I ended up using the Neutral setting (with minor tweaking) for all three. This is essentially what you get if you let SEP run on autopilot. It's a really powerful application.

JimCollum

a few more of Jacob and the 35lux preasph wide open (taken at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz)

Terry

I've been afraid to look at this thread because I feel bad that I haven't been out shooting and my M8 is very very neglected. A lot of great images so far on the first 4 pages.

f1,0 love the 12mm shot.

John - love the pictures of the little one. They are so dreamy.

Gary P

Jim,

The expression with the manikin in the window behind is priceless!

Gary P

Terry

Jim -

My brain must have been fried and I can't edit my post my "John - love the pictures of the little one. They are so dreamy." was meant for you!!!!

racefan

First photo post here - just for fun to celebrate my first chance to get out with new M8 and new 28 Elmarit. I've learned a lot from this forum as a lurker in trying to get started with the M8 and I appreciate everyone's willingness to help here - it's a nice place! I can see that I have a big learning curve ahead of me, but I'm looking forward to it.

All about the shoes...

Lloyd

First photo post here - just for fun to celebrate my first chance to get out with new M8 and new 28 Elmarit. I've learned a lot from this forum as a lurker in trying to get started with the M8 and I appreciate everyone's willingness to help here - it's a nice place! I can see that I have a big learning curve ahead of me, but I'm looking forward to it.

All about the shoes...
Very nice first photo post, Ron. Congrats on the new kit, and we're looking forward to much more from you. That 28 Elmarit is a sweet little lens, isn't it?

BTW, I opened up your post on my laptop as we were just sitting down to have a snack. My wife saw it and said, "Oh, I love that, and it's so wonderfully composed!"

And as for the shoes, I love those, well seen.:salute::salute:

racefan

Very nice first photo post, Ron. Congrats on the new kit, and we're looking forward to much more from you. That 28 Elmarit is a sweet little lens, isn't it?

BTW, I opened up your post on my laptop as we were just sitting down to have a snack. My wife saw it and said, "Oh, I love that, and it's so wonderfully composed!"

And as for the shoes, I love those, well seen.:salute::salute:
Thanks Lloyd. Lucky snap. I had the camera in "belly grab" mode at f8 and hyperfocal. I'm not really much on shooting our ballpark extras, but the shoes caught my eye and I had to click. Seems the norm for these type of shots here is to take it to black and white - but the shoes require color.