The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

stevem8

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Here is another low light concert image...

50 Lux, 1.4, ISO 1250, 1/90

Knorp

Model for 'Le Penseur' :shocked:

| summicron 90 asph |

Thank you for viewing.

scho

North branch of the Klondike River in Tombstone Territorial Park, YT. Two image stitch using M8+CV 15mm.

S

sclamb

I feel bad that I haven't been able to keep up with this thread lately, but let me say that every picture that has been posted since I last managed to be here has been superb.

See what you feel about this one. M8.2 with 50/1.4, 1/125th @ f/1.4.

I normally expect the nearest eye to the camera to be the one in focus. Does the fact that I selected the furthest eye, and with such narrow DOF, seem jarring or make the picture seem odd to look at?

I like it but it isn't in keeping with normal portrait guidelines for focus.

Simon

jonoslack

So many great images . . it's hard to keep up.

Here are a couple of flower shots from today with the M8 and the 75 'cron (what a nice lens)

Lloyd

So many great images . . it's hard to keep up.

Here are a couple of flower shots from today with the M8 and the 75 'cron (what a nice lens)

You're right, Jono. Lots of great stuff here... as your wonderful images attest. Great lens indeed, and wonderfully implemented. :salute:

Scargos2

We had a Health Day in our local park shoot these with my 3 week old
M8 w/Summaron 3.5 1950's lens
These are right out of the camera, no adjustments at all. I love the softness of this lens:clap:

jonoslack

M8 Noctilux @ 1,0
Hi F1
Lovely shot . . . but surely it wasn't shot at f1. I had a noctilux, and a this range, at f1, the depth of field was almost nothing. the fact that the hands and face are in focus at that range certainly doesn't feel like F1

Or am I speaking rubbish?

N

nei1

We had a Health Day in our local park shoot these with my 3 week old
M8 w/Summaron 3.5 1950's lens
These are right out of the camera, no adjustments at all. I love the softness of this lens:clap:
Beautiful

A couple of attempts at pointing the camera at plants, well one is of a plant and the other of a palm tree. The first was with a 75mm and the second with a 50mm. Both M8 images. Both images seem to fit my process better than some others.

Last edited:

Lloyd

A couple of attempts at pointing the camera at plants, well one is of a plant and the other of a palm tree. The first was with a 75mm and the second with a 50mm. Both M8 images. Both images seem to fit my process better than some others.
Oh my!!:bugeyes: These are wonderful!!! I'll bet they're something to behold in an actual print. Beautiful work.:salute::salute:

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

I trust all is well.

After a very busy work period I had a week off in NYC last week. The weather was not ideal but we had a fantastic time. I am slowly going through my shots so will post some in dribs and drabs.

I only took the M8 and 35 Summicron ASPH and never once felt like I needed anything else. The pair went to Leica for a lens/finder alignment whilst I was too busy to do much else than work and they are really perfectly in sync now.