Site Sponsors
Page 1 of 201 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

I love threads like this. Images from the M8 let's show our stuff

New lens in the bag the 35mm Cron version IV wide open. This lens draws very nice
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun time / M8 images

[ATTACH]64[/ATTACH

Hope this works !

Guy/Jack,

Congrats........The site is off to a nice start. I didn't need the MF stuff though. THAT can be really expensive !!

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hi Jim!

Nice image and looks like it attached just fine!

Cheers,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Here is a Noctilux picture from my newly calibrated Noctilux. Shot at f1 and 1meter away.
    I told my son to hold still so I can focus on his eyes, so he did this

Shootist

Here's a couple.

Attachment 69

Attachment 70

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I just got back from a trip to Ottawa. This is the Centennial Flame in front of the Parliment buildings. I used the 50mm Summicron.

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

this project has been keeping me busy; one half of one of three free-form steel "ribbons" to be about 50' long. going on the roof of a building on 5th and 36th in Manhattan, painted red, to simulate a gift wrapped box. wacky and typical of my business in NY

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

my grand daughter; more leicalike

Shootist

Re: Fun time / M8 images Of M3

Here something I shot today to post in the I Love my MP thread over at the other forum.
    Shot with Chrome M8, Chrome 50 Lux ASPH, ISO 640 1/60 f/5.6 -1.3EV. M3 sitting on a print printed on a HP B9180 of a image shot with a chrome M8 and 24 Elmarit ASPH.
    Attachment 75

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

G R E A T shot ---I absolutely love it!

Kudos,
    Jack

"Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ed that looks really 3d when you look at it, pretty cool
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Some nice images folks. Keep them coming . Love looking at what folks are shooting. Don't worry about server space we have enough for a couple states worth. Load it up

fotografr

First attempt at posting an image here (it's a bit more involved than the "other" forum).

I was at the Wisconsin/Michigan game today and used the M8 because I was assigned to shoot non-action stuff. I had time to mess around, so thought I'd see if I could get any usable action. I know this would never compete with the Canon 400s and 600s, but in a pinch I suppose it could find its way into print. This was shot with the 90 Elmarit.

fotografr

Rob--I love that shot with the flames in the forground.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    Here's a couple.

Attachment 69

Attachment 70
    Ed

Unique shot of Stone Mountain. I have many many fond memories of my life in Georgia (Braselton) and shots like these bring back the best of them

Woody Spedden

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografr View Post
    First attempt at posting an image here (it's a bit more involved than the "other" forum).

I was at the Wisconsin/Michigan game today and used the M8 because I was assigned to shoot non-action stuff. I had time to mess around, so thought I'd see if I could get any usable action. I know this would never compete with the Canon 400s and 600s, but in a pinch I suppose it could find its way into print. This was shot with the 90 Elmarit.

Looks pretty darned good to me.

Woody Spedden

PS You must be pumped that Wisconsin beat the Wolverines! Go Badgers!

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Woody,

Very nice shot! The M8 seems to work just fine in action situations. It was a good day all around with Michigan, Ohio State, and Notre Dame all losing!!! LOL!

Jim

fotografr

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Stone View Post
    Woody,

Very nice shot! The M8 seems to work just fine in action situations. It was a good day all around with Michigan, Ohio State, and Notre Dame all losing!!! LOL!

Jim
    Yeah, Woody, GREAT shot!

fotografr

Quote Originally Posted by woodyspedden View Post
    Looks pretty darned good to me.

Woody Spedden

PS You must be pumped that Wisconsin beat the Wolverines! Go Badgers!
    Thanks, Woddy. You're right--that was a fun game to be at.

Shootist

Thanks Jack, Guy and Woody.
    Here's the dog shot by itself.
    Attachment 82

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by fotografr View Post

Hmm should be functionally the same, you upload in manage attachements on posting . One way

Second Way: You do have other options from the gallery also . Linked directly http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/5/2/L1007346.jpg
    This way you click on your image in the Gallery and there is a direct link code from the Gallery.

Third way: is you click on image from gallery than you see the BB image code

And this creates a thumbnail and can post on any site on the net and when someone clicks the thumbnail it takes them directly to the gallery.

One reason we have said load images up in the gallery is you get these two last options and you images are not loose on the internet there contained right here in the gallery. Which gives you the member the control of your images. Honestly for me this also protects my copyright even better than loading up a image on another site , keeps the images were I can control it and not on another server. Think of it as a Flicker site or similar to it.

Shootist

So I can link to my web gallery? Lets try that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes looks like it is working. The nice thing on the BB code is folks see not only the image you posted but the filmstrip shows up and you can view other images in your gallery.

BTW Ed remind me not to piss you off. LOL

that is a serious weapon there

fotografr

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Hmm should be functionally the same, you upload in manage attachements on posting . One way

Second Way: You do have other options from the gallery also . Linked directly http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/5/2/L1007346.jpg
    This way you click on your image in the Gallery and there is a direct link code from the Gallery.

Third way: is you click on image from gallery than you see the BB image code

And this creates a thumbnail and can post on any site on the net and when someone clicks the thumbnail it takes them directly to the gallery.

One reason we have said load images up in the gallery is you get these two last options and you images are not loose on the internet there contained right here in the gallery. Which gives you the member the control of your images. Honestly for me this also protects my copyright even better than loading up a image on another site , keeps the images were I can control it and not on another server. Think of it as a Flicker site or similar to it.
    Thanks, Guy. I didn't realize there were other options. It looked to me like it was set up so I could only link to an image already posted in a gallery. That's the way Shutterfreaks.com is set up and is one of the reasons I hardly ever post there, even though that's where I have my personal website set up.

I'll figure it out. Just takes me a bit longer than some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Play around with it and post on some forum and see how it works out for you. Pretty cool options that we saw when we bought the software. You guys get over your quota 20 mgs on the gallery we can always increase that. Jack and i even talked about like a 25 dollar upgrade to unlimited space, which is cheap and feeds Andy a steak once in awhile and helps with some maintence for the site. LOL

Andy is our IT guy and he wants to fill the server up. More than happy to do that

This could also be good when you travel to load up jpegs on your trip so you at least have it off your laptop and cards in a safe place.

Trust me I wish I had this 3 weeks ago. Due to upgrading my Mac to Leopard I LOST every image i shot in Yosemite and I am not real freaking happy. As much as I taught folks about securing there data it got me myself. It's a long story but my hard drive was filled when I up to Leopard and I thought it was my LR library that was taking the space , so on the Mac I hit images which I did NOT realize was showing my external drives and I started deleting. I am sick about this. i did not process my finals to a DVD yet and I'm freaking screwed and already written over my SD cards and cleaned the laptop off. Moral of story is you guessed it but fair warning on the Mac that image folder is EVERYTHING tied to your Mac and it got me good.

Shootist

BTW Ed remind me not to piss you off. LOL

that is a serious weapon there
    OK Guy, you are reminded.

How about this one

I shoot something like this in competition. Only without the fancy red dot sight and the muzzle brake.
    Oh sorry this was shot with the Nikon D200. Notice the spent case flying through the air and the one just ejected from the breach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That is pretty darn cool. i think Jack does a lot of shooting also

Shootist

Guy I feel for you. That is one reason I don't use any of the supplied user folders that come with any newer OS, WinXP/whatever, and I have them backed up on a external drive and one drive in another PC on my home network. Neither of those other drives are tied to the folder I store my images in on my main PC.

Funny part is just this morning I went through my main image folder and cleared out all the junk that has been sitting on it for this year. I try to save all the images I take but then after reviewing them some months after taking them there are a lot that have to go. This is not because of the lack HDD space. It's just because I will never do anything with those images. Hence the word JUNK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I was lazy and should have pulled the plugs on all the externals as i did the upgrade. I had MANY issues on the desktop with the Leopard upgrade , did it 4 times to get it right. PITA. The laptop was a breeze though

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Next trip seriously i am loading the gallery up. i luckily posted some images from Yosemite on another site and pulled down some of those and now there in the gallery but I had a couple real winners from that trip along with everyone else that really did a great job of shooting on the workshop, so at least i can see everyones images from it.

I at least have my HDR image

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ed:

I was at the Canadian war Museum last week and came across this weapon.

Guy and Jack, I don't quite understand the image Gallery. What is the direct link to get to our galleries and to edit them? The football and rifle pictures seem to be mixed together.
    Last edited by robsteve; 11th November 2007 at 09:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'm going to let Jack explain it a little better , he explained it to me

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looking around in my NY shots . Found a couple i also put in the Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Middle one is shot with the 12mm CV lens . Since I have the 12mm and now zeiss 18mm , I may sell my 15mmCV. Need to make some room in my bag. See how the 18mm is first than i will put in the B&S section.
    I like the 12mm much better than the 15mm CV

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Terry i think this was the 28mm cron. See what you have to look forward too

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/disp...132&original=1

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

BTW that was the forum Direct code from the gallery . Now the BB code

Now you can see what may work best for you. I like this one when on another internet site, because the real file is here.

Now the top three were direct uploads from my computer using the manage file. Hopefully now you can see the difference how the three options work

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Rob: It is st up so any image you upload automatically go into the category with your user name. Just go over to the gallery section, link at the top navbar, and click on member galleries and then your name. Here is a link: http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/brow...hp?c=5&userid=
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

BTW, I am in Boston (Cambridge actually) this weekend visiting my daughter. Here is a shot I grabbed the other evening as we walked across a bridge on the Charles River. An 8 second exposure and I had no tripod, so used a post on the bridge for support. M8 and 28 Cron, f5.6 (no filter). Processed on my laptop, so I apologize in advance if the colors are off...

Cheers,
    Jack

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Terry i think this was the 28mm cron. See what you have to look forward too

http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/disp...132&original=1
    LOL - I hope you are talking about the Promethius hand....I looked at that and said to myself please let that be from my lens!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That was a 90 cron . Sharp or what

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That was a 90 cron . Sharp or what
    Looked too narrow. Oh well I have the 90 macro so I will suffer LOL...
    I like the images I am seeing from the 12mm. Do you have it filtered and coded up? I was thinking to just let it go and use it uncoded.

Also, while I'm at it the hood ebay for the 28 'cron - people are out of town for a couple of weeks. B&H has a rubber hood any issues with that? yours seems soooo much smaller than the leica version.

Finally I've been watching the auction on that 35 version IV, it is now up to $1525 with another day to go. DON'T you dare say I need it in Moab!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

ROTFLMAO , no you can use my 35 cron. LOL

Never tried a rubber hood on the 28 cron

BTW the 90 macro is nothing to sneeze at very nice lens indeed and great to travel with.

The 12mm i do NOT use anything , Just turn everything off with no filter and yes it is nice has 3 indents for focusing so you know what distance you are without looking for NY scenes it is awesome. i like it better than there 15mm actually. For you 12, 21, 28 is a nice combo. BTW Terry if your going to sell some of that glass just list it in the B&S here no need to spend money on fee's.
    E-bay fee's have gone up a lot.

Also very excited you are coming to Moab, you will learn a ton just ask the Yosemite folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    Also, while I'm at it the hood ebay for the 28 'cron - people are out of town for a couple of weeks. B&H has a rubber hood any issues with that? yours seems soooo much smaller than the leica version.

On the metal hoods, I have bought on eBay from both Heavystar and AmericanEagle --- same hoods at similar prices and ultra-fast shipping from both. I would not hesitate to buy from either again. FWIW...
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Terry this maybe worth a try at least it is cheap enough

http://cgi.ebay.com/46-mm-46mm-New-a...QQcmdZViewItem

and this is the one I use.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Metal-46mm-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, photos! Any excuse for a photo is a good one!

Some of mine from Australia a couple months back...

The Koala is captive, the bird is wild! The bird shot is slightly trimmed (damn those 75 framelines!), hence the odd aspect.

All with 75/2 except the Galleria in Sydney, which was shot with the CV 15. Wish I had a cron 35 on that trip - I now have both a III and a IV! Also really want a CV 12. I can feel another lens buying spree coming up... :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

African Snackbar

I took this in Senga Bay Village, Malawi.
    The chips tasted quite nice, by the way
    M8, 28/2.8 asph

Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Jan - Beautiful light in the first image, nicely done, and I like the mood of the third image.

Senior Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmb_ View Post
    Jan - Beautiful light in the first image, nicely done, and I like the mood of the third image.
    Thanks!

Hope you post some shots with that Summilux 80 when you've had a chance to put it to use!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The Summicron 35 asph.

Sunset over Lake Malawi - no apologies for the subject matter
    I notice Photobucket created posterizing, which is not present in the original.
    I'll have to upload to the gallery of this site and see if it handles my files more gently. The problem is of course, that these sites compress the files in 8-bit jpegs....

Last edited by jaapv; 13th November 2007 at 00:46.

Post Thanks / Like

I usually hate sunsets, but we were on the Gulf, late, tired, forgot to set set RAW!

But here's a jpg right out of the camera. Well behaved!
    Last edited by gogopix; 25th January 2015 at 17:21.