The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stolen M6, Summilux & Elmarit in London

T

tanvach

Hello everyone,

I hope it is ok to post on this forum as well (original: http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-...it-london.html)

Last Saturday was the Thames festival in London, and I took out my M6 to photograph the event. In the evening, my camera bag with all my Leica equipments was stolen near Earls Court station. In it contained a M6 TTL and two lenses.

Fortunately, we have a good CCTV footage of the thief showing his face clearly. I have reported the theft to the police who said there is a chance of catching him from the footage. But I'm afraid that when they do it would be too late.

Can anyone suggest what else I can do in the mean time? I have heard that it is possible to report the serial number to Leica where they kept a database of stolen equipments, but I haven't had much luck looking for this online.

The serial numbers are:

Leica M6 TTL 2756569
50 Summilux 3783157
24 Elmarit ASPH 3964779

Please, please be careful with your bags. It only took me half a minute from it, with table full of people I know.

Pithawat

viablex1

yep I hear you I always try to wear my bag etc or have it attached to me somehow, I was attacked in paris taking night shots earlier this year, almost lost the camera. I am sorry to hear you got your stuff stolen, I know how you must love that camera...I know I love mine!!!

T

tanvach

Thank you for sharing your experiences. The M6 is black, and there are no obvious markings unfortunately. It is doubly painful since I've now planned to move back to film, and those were the equipments I'll be shooting with!