The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 users review coming

jonoslack

Here is one with the 28 'cron just to give you a view from the other direction:

1 boat a day, or you can walk along the cliff path.
and yes, that is a taverna :):thumbup::sleep006::toocool:

but I can't go again for another year:cry:

woodyspedden

Mike, If you look at the foliage on top of the tree (next to the building and at lower center of the frame) you could notice a bunch going blue-green as opposed just being green. The same is apparent on the top right foliage.

I understand this is an extreme example (16mm FL) and I would expect it to be gone/unnoticeable by ~28mm FL.

This could be a manifestation of the "cyan drift" stemming from IR + light fall off (camera and lens respectively).
Vivek

The M8/24Lux combination had this issue in spades. Very bad blue fringing. However C1 blue fringing control totally eliminated this. I am slightly concerned about not having C1 for my M9 files or to find that LR will eliminate the fringing as well

Woody

jonoslack

Vivek

The M8/24Lux combination had this issue in spades. Very bad blue fringing. However C1 blue fringing control totally eliminated this. I am slightly concerned about not having C1 for my M9 files or to find that LR will eliminate the fringing as well

Woody
Hi Woody
C1 works excellently well with the M9 (version 4.8.3). Great colour, great detail etc.

V

Vivek

Vivek

Woody

Thanks, Woody.

With specs announced (Kodak CCD), one could already expect what sort of issues there would be. The bottomline is if there are workarounds to any problems that might happen.

The answer appears to be, thankfully, yes.:thumbup:

Paratom

Matter of fact here is the one for the M. Seriously treat yourself. It is double sided on the grip so no matter how tangled you are it will always have a grip side on your shoulder and it sticks there

http://upstrap-pro.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RF-PS
Thanks Guy for the info about the alternative strap. After the first shock the camera doesnt look as bad as it first might have sounded. Its mainly the bottom plate and I might eventually replace it.(its insured) But anyway-it hurts in the first moment with a new toy.
Just got back from some days in the US and really loved to use the M9.
Together with a 21/2.8, 35lux asph and the 28-35-50 trielmar it was a perfect travel set - maybe missing 1 longer lens - but I wanted to travel with light equipment.