The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 Availability in the US

C

canon5dshooter

So are the folks on the other side of the pond receiving the first shipments of M9's? Popflash says they wont ship until Jan 2010 last time that I looked. I'm jealous of you M9 shooters!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
20 M9s made it into the US last week, and I was lucky enough to get one of them (I've had mine since last Friday).

More shipments will be coming into the US every week, with volumes increasing. There's still quite a backlog to fill if you are just now ordering, but if you hunt around and find the right dealer, you have a good shot to get one by the end of October.

fotografz

My dealer ordered 40 M9s, has standing orders for over 30 ... and he got one last week ... which I've had in my hot little hands since last Thursday :)

My understanding is that they will trickle in over the next months ... with most, if not all of them, already spoken for. Which may account for the projected January date for availability.

Terrific camera ... worth the wait. :thumbs:

-Marc

jonoslack

As far as the UK is concerned, I spoke to a couple of dealers today, and they seem to have had 3 each so far, with big waiting list. It seems that Leica have hit a home run here, but some of us will have to wait a little - I just placed an order today, who knows when it'll turn up!

C

canon5dshooter

Thanks for the input everyone. I suppose I will stalk out BHphoto for the moment. :)

If a dealer happens to read this and have one in stock please send a PM and I'll take it.

Cheers