The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 Profile for LR

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
This may already be in one of the threads...but I found the profile to be a great first step. When comparing it to the C1 results...C1 is looks better but the LR looks more accurate. I could include a Coke sign and LR nailed the RED with the profile. This also improved the B+W conversion..not great but better. http://chromasoft.googlepages.com/referenceimages..seems to have been buried over at the LUF.

How do you load this into LR?
Just copy the profile into:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles, on Mac OS X

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles, on Windows 2000 / XP:

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles, on Windows Vista

Cheers,
Ario

fotografz

How do you load this into LR?
To place this profile into Lightroom so it'll show up under "Camera Calibration" instead of just "Embedded" to choose from:

Open LR, click on Preferences > Presets Tab > down midway is "Show Lightroom Presets which will open a dialog box with the LR Presets folder highlighted ... click on it then go to Color Profiles and drop the profile in there.

Quit LR and reopen ... the profile should be under Camera Calibration along with "Embedded" ...

- Marc

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I've been using this M9 profile for a few days on a couple hundred M9 files I've shot over the past week.

When I switch the profile in LR from "embedded" to this new ChromaSoft profile, I notice subtle changes in the colors. Not as dramatic as I was hoping for. In other words, the embedded profile is already pretty close to the ChromaSoft profile.

Is this matching what the rest of you are seeing?

fotografz

I've been using this M9 profile for a few days on a couple hundred M9 files I've shot over the past week.

When I switch the profile in LR from "embedded" to this new ChromaSoft profile, I notice subtle changes in the colors. Not as dramatic as I was hoping for. In other words, the embedded profile is already pretty close to the ChromaSoft profile.

Is this matching what the rest of you are seeing?
Yes.

-Marc

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Looking thru my test images the differences between the two profiles is most pronounced in the rendering of the RED s . The embedded appears slightly colder and with a little more magenta.

For sunny day outdoor images (daylight) I think the custom profile is better. But I have other images where you would be hard pressed to tell the difference and I think get to the same color with small adjustments.

The color depth of the M9 files looks much improved over the M8 files (with either profile) . The blues seem to have more depth similar to the DMR files. Once this gets fined tuned I am sure this will be best in class below MF.