The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vertical line in Leica M8

L

leica007

I recently purchased a Leica M8.

It shows a very thin VERTICAL LINE at very ISO and dark/underexposed photos.
Is it a dead pixel/vertical banding problem? [ Two samples, normal and after curves manipulaiton, are attached]

Can you find any other problem in the photo, which I - having migrated from FILM M cameras - have missed?

Please share your opinion and let me know if I need to send the camera to Solms for repairing. Thanks.

Lloyd

I recently purchased a Leica M8.

It shows a very thin VERTICAL LINE at very ISO and dark/underexposed photos.
Is it a dead pixel/vertical banding problem? [ Two samples, normal and after curves manipulaiton, are attached]

Can you find any other problem in the photo, which I - having migrated from FILM M cameras - have missed?

Please share your opinion and let me know if I need to send the camera to Solms for repairing. Thanks.
I had a very early copy of the M8 with the same problem. That camera was returned to Leica. I don't think that the issue with your camera is going away by itself. I would have it repaired... I hope it's still under warranty.

stevem8

I had the same issue with an M8.2 I bought. I sent it back and had it exchanged with my dealer. You will have to send this one in for repair.

J

JohnW

This is a fairly coimmon M8 defect. The Leica forum has quite a bit on it. Search by "red line." I just went through this with an M8 demo and returned it.

John