The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CR123A batteries for SF-24D?

francishmt

Where do you guys buy them? Are the generic brands sold at B&H okay? Any particular generic brand you have tried with good experience?

Note that these batteries are quite expensive.... therefore I am looking if there are better alternatives.

Thanks again.

robsteve

Subscriber
Francis:

Try googling for police or fire supplies and CR123a. These batteries are also used in high end flashlights used by police and security. The sites that specialize in these flashlights have them at a very low price compared to retail stores.

One thing to remember is the rechargable CR123 that you may see on these sites do not work in Electronic flashes like the SF-24D because it draws the current too quickly and trips an internal breaker in the battery.

Robert

I got this link with a quick google. I don't know anything about the company or what country you are in, but you should be able to find a similar offering.

http://www.thefirestore.com/store/p...fire_sf123a_lithium_batteries_12_6_or_2_pack/

Vlad

Funny you mention it, I just picked up a pair from the local Walgreens for $16 and change. Duracell Ultra Photo 123.

weinschela

Subscriber Member
I've used rechargeable CR123's in a SF20 with no ill effects. Maybe I'm just lucky. But these were ebay bought no-names, along with the charger.

B

bender