Site Sponsors

Thread: 21mm Lens Coding Question

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

21mm Lens Coding Question

Am I correct that a 21mm lens (a Zeiss C-Biogon in this case) needs a 28/90 flange or bayonet to code correctly?

Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 21mm Lens Coding Question

Hi Stephen,

Yes you are correct. I have the C Biogon 21/4.5 and find it to an incredible lens if the 4.5 speed works for you.

It has the mid length flange mount which pulls up the 50 frame lines. It needs the longer of the 28/90. SUPPOSEDLY Zeiss is going to offer up a mount change on this one free of charge, unlike some of their other lenses. Rumor was that they did plan to release this one with the correct flange for the M8 but had an error.

Best,

Ray

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ray,

I heard the same thing about Zeiss offering a new flange. My dealer said he's been talking to Zeiss about that for a while, and hopes to get them to do something. I think he'd buy a lot of the lenses if they make the new flange available.

Thanks, Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sean Reid called Zeiss today to ask about replacing the flange on the C-Biogon. Their position is that the only way to do it is to send the lens to Germany and they'll replace the flange for 60 Euros. Zeiss claim the replacement is too difficult to allow us to do it, that it requires their technical expertise. The problem with this solution is that you still want to remove the flange to get it milled for coding.