The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Any S2 images from PhotoPlus in NY?

robsteve

Subscriber
Did anybody attend the Leica S2 Photo Plus model shoot? I haven't seen any posts or images from this yet.

Robert

carstenw

It is interesting to see the ISO comparison. ISO 160 is stunning, ISO 320 is still very good, but starting at ISO 640, the quality is not there. However, the last several shots all look underexposed. I would love to see what the quality would be like with high ISO but properly exposed shots. I presume it would improve things a bit, possibly to the point that 640 is okay, but 1250 looks gone.

sandymc

I took a look at what's in the DNG, just out of curiosity;

1. The DNG has been opened and saved though Lightroom - there is ACR/Lightroom metadata in there, but that's normal for a DNG that was opened by Lightroom

2. The camera appears to be production, not "Nullserie" - it's serial number 225, and it has firmware revision 1.0.0.2. The M9 pre-poduction units had ***** for serial numbers, etc

3. The raw data is 14 bits, not 16 bit, which surprised me a bit; that directly contradicts what Michael Reichmann said here: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/leica-s2-first.shtml

Sandy

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Opening the files in C1 looks really great.

Anyway not sure what we can tell by these samples. One would need a real comparison with P40+ and H3D2/50 which use both similar sensors.